Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Devon_Sailor
    • By Devon_Sailor 30th Oct 18, 2:57 PM
    • 302Posts
    • 613Thanks
    Devon_Sailor
    Re-mortgage o/c of a self-build project: any recommendations?
    • 30th Oct 18, 2:57 PM
    Re-mortgage o/c of a self-build project: any recommendations? 30th Oct 18 at 2:57 PM
    Hello all,

Pretty self explanatory title - should be completing a self-build project (barn conversion) within the next 5 months. Bridging/secured loan taken out to fund it. Weighing up options on completion ref. lenders to see if it is worth re-mortgaging to pay off that loan in a lump and taking advantage of better rate/longer lending period?

Has anyone got any recommendations for lenders outside of the normal high street mortgage brokers? Or similar success stories/nightmares?

If it helps:
    Total build cost c.329,000
    Est value on completion 480,000-520,000
    Secured loan of 300,000 currently repayable over 25yrs at c.1600pm.

Ideally Id like to bundle up all the build costs and try and get a bit of additional money to help put in final fixtures and fittings.

Regards
    D_S
Page 1
    • timea
    • By timea 14th Jan 20, 9:15 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    timea
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:15 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:15 PM
    Hi ,

Can you please help me with an advice . I am looking to secure a loan for my self build project. I got the land and planning permission but it is very hard to find a lender for the money . Do you got any idea why ? Can you advise me which company you used for your loan .
    Thank you
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,212Posts Today

8,189Users online

Martin's Twitter