Forum Home» Mortgages & Endowments

Re-mortgage o/c of a self-build project: any recommendations?

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Re-mortgage o/c of a self-build project: any recommendations?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
1 reply 298 views
Devon_SailorDevon_Sailor Forumite
303 posts
Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hello all,

Pretty self explanatory title - should be completing a self-build project (barn conversion) within the next 5 months. Bridging/secured loan taken out to fund it. Weighing up options on completion ref. lenders to see if it is worth re-mortgaging to pay off that loan in a lump and taking advantage of better rate/longer lending period?

Has anyone got any recommendations for lenders outside of the normal high street mortgage brokers? Or similar success stories/nightmares?

If it helps:
Total build cost c.£329,000
Est value on completion £480,000-520,000
Secured loan of £300,000 currently repayable over 25yrs at c.£1600pm.

Ideally Id like to bundle up all the build costs and try and get a bit of additional money to help put in final fixtures and fittings.

Regards
D_S

Replies

• timeatimea Forumite
    13 posts
    Hi ,

Can you please help me with an advice . I am looking to secure a loan for my self build project. I got the land and planning permission but it is very hard to find a lender for the money . Do you got any idea why ? Can you advise me which company you used for your loan .
    Thank you