London hotel - book direct or online?

Options
We need two nights in a central London hotel (Premier Inn and Travelodge are fine) and are wondering what is the best way forward. It doesn't matter which nights as we are retired and don't have any shows or matches to attend.

Is it best to look online or ring the individual hotels?

The best I have seen so far is £240 for two nights, no breakfast, in a Premier Inn in early November.

Comments

• Gravedigger
    Options
    Travelodge Edmonton £145 two nights, early November. Might get an extra 20% off by using Code 20OFF at checkout page. Close to station and quite a good hotel. Stayed there twice in the past six months. Book online.
  • K80_Black
    K80_Black Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If you're not fussed about the room and only want a place to lay your head, I'd recommend the easyHotel. Their rooms are spartan (literally just a bed in a tiny room), the shower is impossibly small, and it's not very luxurious at all... but it's about half the price of the Premier Inn/Travelodge type places. We stayed at the one on Old Street for 4 nights and found it great for our needs - we wanted to be right in the heart of London without breaking the bank. No breakfast, but a 5 minute stroll to Spoons for a good selection.

That said, If you're planning on spending ANY length of time in the hotel, I wouldn't recommend it!

In general, you can get better prices booking online with codes. Enjoy London!
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a play on the Travelodge website - unfortunately I don't think they have an option to show all prices for all central London hotels across a range of dates any more, but if you select one for given dates it comes up with other options for sheaper dates and hotels - Sundays and Mondays are usually cheapest (for example, Covent Garden Travelodge is currently showing as £69 for Sunday 11/11 and £124 for Monday 12/11)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure