BMW 1 Series (59 plate)

Options
I am just wanting to gather anyone's thoughts on an issue I currently have.

A red light came on my dash which ended up being a flat tyre and I went to have this changed and all my tyres are now working fine together.

When I drove off I was told that the red light should go off but it didn't. I then reset it from my dash and it went off.

However strangely enough after I know have an amber light suggesting there is an issue with the assisted start up and I also have a red engine malfunction light which suggested to stop the car as soon as possible which I did.

I turned off the engine and started up again but they've came on again. It is just a coincidence that the lights have come on from resetting my other one does anyone know what it could be at all?

Thank you

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,581 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Despite modern cars having warning lights for so many things, one item rarely brought to the attention of the driver is a failing battery.

If you have lots of other warnings get the battery and charging system checked first.
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It may be somewhere in this long list

https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42653

Possibly water has got in somewhere
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • donnyrovers91
    Options
    Cheers guys I appreciate your response and have submitted a thread on their website. Not quite sure why this has come to light. I've also had issues starting like mis firing and I had a timing chain guides replacement this April.

I also keep getting an amber light suggesting my brake pads have worn but I only had my MOT about 2 weeks ago which passed with flying colours.

I only bought this car last October from Evans Halshaw through their runabouts scheme basically someone P/X fair to say I am least happy I would never purchase another BMW car again.
  • Th3_Ripper
    Options
    Not sure if that's a fair statement. The car is almost ten years old and is the old version of the 1 series. It's bound to have problems hence why it costs significantly less than a "newer" car.
  • Geodark
    Geodark Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cheers guys I appreciate your response and have submitted a thread on their website. Not quite sure why this has come to light. I've also had issues starting like mis firing and I had a timing chain guides replacement this April.

I also keep getting an amber light suggesting my brake pads have worn but I only had my MOT about 2 weeks ago which passed with flying colours.

I only bought this car last October from Evans Halshaw through their runabouts scheme basically someone P/X fair to say I am least happy I would never purchase another BMW car again.

MOT has nothing to do with how much life is still in your brakes, its about what stopping ability they had at that point in time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure