dla end date

so ive just been going through my sons paperwork and have seen his dla end award date was 29.09.2018 i didnt realise it was ending and ive heard nowt from them should i be worried?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    linzimain wrote: »
    so ive just been going through my sons paperwork and have seen his dla end award date was 29.09.2018 i didnt realise it was ending and ive heard nowt from them should i be worried?
    You need to ring them but how old is he?
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    You need to ring them but how old is he?

hes 6 i thought theyd send out renewal forms when it was close to his end date
  • poppy12345
    hes 6 i thought theyd send out renewal forms when it was close to his end date
    They're supposed to send them 3 months before the end date. You will need to ring them first thing Monday morning, it's possible that the forms were sent and you didn't receive them. His award will end on that date.

Have you changed address and didn't update the details with DWP?
  • poppy12345 wrote: »
    They're supposed to send them 3 months before the end date. You will need to ring them first thing Monday morning, it's possible that the forms were sent and you didn't receive them. His award will end on that date.

Have you changed address and didn't update the details with DWP?

no always been at this address definately didnt receive any forms
  • poppy12345
    dla end award date was 29.09.2018
    It may even be longer than 3 months before the end date that you should have received the renewal pack. You do need to ring DLA first thing Monday morning. With the end date now past he next payment could be the last and if you're claiming Carers Allowance this will end 4 weeks after the DLA stops. Any extra tax credits you may receive will also stop. If you claim Income Support because of the Carers Allowance then that will also stop, unless you have a child under 5. If your area is a full universal credit area then it will be this you'll have to claim. Hopefully, for you they may have just not sent the forms but this seems highly unlikely. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure