Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wookiem
    • By wookiem 12th Oct 18, 8:04 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    wookiem
    Employment status and PPI
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:04 PM
    Employment status and PPI 12th Oct 18 at 8:04 PM
    Evening Experts!

A quick question.

I have just had a claim for PPI denied. The letter I received stated that the PPI policy required that I was in 'permanent' employment, I was employed by an agency at the time. My question is, does agency work qualify as permanent work?

Cheers
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Oct 18, 8:11 PM
    • 22,628 Posts
    • 12,159 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:11 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:11 PM
    does agency work qualify as permanent work?
    Originally posted by wookiem
    No, but (generally) if the PPI policy would not have paid out because of such circumstance it's normal for any mis-selling complaint to be upheld.

So why was your complaint declined?
    • wookiem
    • By wookiem 12th Oct 18, 8:28 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wookiem
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:28 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:28 PM
    Thanks MoneyIneptitude,

The letter says that they believe the policy would have been of use to me. In fairness, when they sent the questionnaire I just ticked the 'unknown' box to everything which was the most honest thing I could do. They then kept calling wanting more info but I felt this was a ploy to tie me in knots so I declined - it was actually during one of these calls that they informed me who I was employed by, at this point I argued that they already knew more than me and left it at that.

So, should I contact them (MBNA) again and point out that I was an agency worker or should I go to the ombudsman?

Cheers
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Oct 18, 8:48 PM
    • 19,651 Posts
    • 21,031 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:48 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 8:48 PM
    You should have given them the information you had. It was a 'ploy'' to give you the opportunity to support your complaint.

As you chose not to, they went with what they had.

If you haven't yet had their final response, give them a call and see if they'll give you a second chance. However, it may now have to go to the Ombudsman.
    • wookiem
    • By wookiem 12th Oct 18, 10:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    wookiem
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:52 PM
    • 12th Oct 18, 10:52 PM
    Yes, maybe my cynicism got the better of me, I was of the opinion that they were not going to find ways to give me money.

I'll try talking to MBNA but failing that then the ombudsman.

Cheers
    • Stephenmac
    • By Stephenmac 13th Oct 18, 2:04 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Stephenmac
    • 13th Oct 18, 2:04 AM
    • 13th Oct 18, 2:04 AM
    Hi. Glad the experts were able to help and noticed lots of pressing of "thanks" buttons. Such a helpful forum.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,237Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin