IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TESCO go crying to government for help ???

Options
Tesco's chief calls for £1.25 billion windfall tax on Amazon
to help lift Britain's struggling store chains

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6248285/Tescos-chief-calls-1-25-billion-windfall-tax-Amazon.html

Sign of the times ?

Dave Lewis lost the plot a long time ago.
Bad customer service from the CEO's office down to
the shop floor.

Only allowing customers 2-3 hours to shop before
they get scammed by parking vermin who by the
way, Tesco's fully support.

I will not shop at Tesco, I know many who won't,
multiply that around the UK and we can all see where
Lewis has a problem.

Yes, Amazon and the like should pay their fair share
of taxes and if government does manage to do this,
then there is only one organisation the money should
go to .... THE NHS ... certainly not retailers like Tesco
who hold their customers in contempt

Maybe the board of Tesco's should be seriously looking
for a CEO who knows what customers want and not
looking for a government handout

Comments

• onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Nothing surprises me with Tesco, despicable no morals company!!

Whilst I agree there should be more fair play regarding paying corporation Tax with Amazon, Google, Starbucks, Vodafone and probably more, one thing is for sure, I've never received a PCN whilst shopping online lol
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nothing surprises me with Tesco, despicable no morals company!!

Whilst I agree there should be more fair play regarding paying corporation Tax with Amazon, Google, Starbucks, Vodafone and probably more, one thing is for sure, I've never received a PCN whilst shopping online lol

That's right ..... I wonder how many more people would
    shop at supermarkets if parking vermin were removed
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear, The Memsahib is a shareholder.

I do not think that the parking companies are a major problem, I think that their margins are too tight, they carry to many different brands, and Lidl and Aldi are hurting them.

Still, every little helps.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Oh dear, The Memsahib is a shareholder.

I do not think that the parking companies are a major problem, I think that their margins are too tight, they carry to many different brands, and Lidl and Aldi are hurting them.

Still, every little helps.

Well yes but there are lots of shareholders, ie pension funds, investment groups etc and whilst you are right that parking isn't a major problem, it certainly is a contributory factor in loss of trade, it has been proven in many towns that offering 'Totally free' parking sees a big upturn in consumer spending, people are more likely to shop at a more leisurely pace and then eat at in town restaurants knowing they are not going to get a PCN.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 October 2018 at 1:24PM
    Options
    I think travelling, parking, product stocking and availability, and general laziness all play a part in the move to shopping on line.

However we stopped using Tescos some years ago due to their arrogance and abysmal customer service, including:

One home delivery riddled with maggots crawling from an opened tin of dog meat, how the driver never smelt it in his van God only knows, but the two bags they had infested ended in out kitchen.

Twice the mother in law's large delivery of Gin arrived with the security tags attached, the driver suggested I used a hammer to smash them off.

Begging the question how did they leave the store like that?

The final straw was when they moved our deliveries from a store four miles away to one twelve miles away, and the new depot used try to take the money off my card at 5AM.
    American Express thought that was a suspicious activity over £450 transaction at that time and declined it to protect my account.

This happened twice, the second time no one informed me and they just didn't turn up, that ended it for them, they told us we would have to re-order the whole lot!

Ocado on the other hand just do everything to plan faultlessly, and they have no PPC's to plague you LOL.

We tend to do other shopping at Westfield Shepherds Bush, love the shops, love the atmosphere, have an account for parking with a discount, and can park all day for £6, which is a snip in London.

No PPC's at all, no convoluted T&C's, arrows and green/red lights direct you to parking spots, and surprise surprise no stupid parking or abuse of disabled spots that I have seen. Why? Because they just do it right.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    OMG fisher ..... old Jack Cohen will be turning in his grave
    to see just how low Tesco has become.

With Aldi close on their tail opening 150 plus new stores,
    Dave Lewis needs to wake his ideas up
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    OMG fisher ..... old Jack Cohen will be turning in his grave
    to see just how low Tesco has become.

With Aldi close on their tail opening 150 plus new stores,
    Dave Lewis needs to wake his ideas up

Went in one of those once hated it!
  • beamerguy
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »
    Went in one of those once hated it!

I agree, not my scene either but Tesco have opened "Jacks"
    so we will hate that as well no doubt.

The point about Aldi opening 150 plus new stores is that
    they will ensure they are on Tesco's doorstep. Problems ahead
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used to drive almost 25 miles to the Toys R Us store instead of the closer one (approx 6 miles), mainly because it was free parking and not in the city centre.

Not shopped at Tesco for a very long time. Whats the point if you need to clock watch because you fancy a good browse and a drink or snack.

Rather shop where they dont have stupid parking cowboys. Nearest LIDL also have stupid parking cowboys also.

I thought they had to allow parking for other shops though when they 1st applied for planning permission.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure