Easyjet legroom complaint

Options
my husband and I have just had a few days in Rome, flying with Easyjet. A couple of weeks ago before our flight we were notified the plane flying to Rome was changing and that might affect the seating but I don't if that was the reason for this problem. Basically, we had paid extra to have extra legroom seats which were next to the emergency exits in the middle of the plane. Im nearly 6ft and my husband is 6ft 4 and we always book extra legroom seats just to have a basic level of comfort. The flight out to Rome I do not believe had any additional legroom. My knees were pushing into the seat in front and my husband really struggled, either bending his legs so his knees were half way up the seat in front (meaning he couldnt use his lap tray) or stretching his legs out but really low so they went under the seat in front.

We have flown easyjet many times before and never had this issue before. The flight back, we were in the same emergency exit seats and my husbands knees only just touched the seat in front and was much more comfortable (reinforcing that the previous setas didn't have any additional legroom). Also, we were in the same rom (first row of emergency exit), but it was row 12 on the way out and row 10 on the way back.

I've seen how to complain about flight delays but not for something about this, can anyone advise me ?
Thank you!
:heart2: Cookiepops :heart2:

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All the exit rows have extra legroom compared to a standard seat but easyJet use different types of aircrafts so the exact space may differ.
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 September 2018 at 9:51AM
    Options
    The only Easyjet plane that has "extra legroom" in Row 10 is the Airbus A319 which accounts for 42% of the total planes Easyjet use. No Row 12 extra legroom on these planes so you must have been on one of these coming back

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/easyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A319.php

Both the versions of Airbus A320 Easyjet use have extra legroom on Row 12 but not Row 10 so must have been one of these on the way out, these account for almost the entire rest of the fleet (57%)

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/EasyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A320.php
    https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/EasyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A320_V2.php

If you post the days and times you took the flights, it is not difficult to find out which Airbus plane you would have been on.
    On the flight on the way out, did you have an emergency exit next to you and did the cabin crew come and specifically talk to you before the flight like they have to if you are sat in these rows? Both the versions of the Airbus A320 have an emergency door on Row 12.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    On the flight on the way out, did you have an emergency exit next to you and did the cabin crew come and specifically talk to you before the flight like they have to if you are sat in these rows?
    Providing that there was safety briefing video shown and this video demonstrated how to open the exits in an emergency, there is no requirement for any of the cabin crew to speak directly to anyone sitting adjacent to an exit.
    They only need to do this when they give a manual briefing.
  • bradders1983
    Options
    Providing that there was safety briefing video shown and this video demonstrated how to open the exits in an emergency, there is no requirement for any of the cabin crew to speak directly to anyone sitting adjacent to an exit.
    They only need to do this when they give a manual briefing.
    Easyjey planes dont have video screens, it is all done manually. I havent travelled on a budget airline that has had a TV screen on it for about 15 years now, maybe Africa is different :)
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The only Easyjet plane that has "extra legroom" in Row 10 is the Airbus A319 which accounts for 42% of the total planes Easyjet use. No Row 12 extra legroom on these planes so you must have been on one of these coming back

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/easyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A319.php

Both the versions of Airbus A320 Easyjet use have extra legroom on Row 12 but not Row 10 so must have been one of these on the way out, these account for almost the entire rest of the fleet (57%)

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/EasyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A320.php
    https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/EasyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A320_V2.php

If you post the days and times you took the flights, it is not difficult to find out which Airbus plane you would have been on.
    On the flight on the way out, did you have an emergency exit next to you and did the cabin crew come and specifically talk to you before the flight like they have to if you are sat in these rows? Both the versions of the Airbus A320 have an emergency door on Row 12.

Easyjet now also operate the A321neo.

I think the OP needs to tell us the seat row/number allocated before anyone can really tell if you were in extra legroom seats or not.

The question could probably be have asked to the crew onboard and resolved at that point.
  • bradders1983
    Options
    OP says in the OP what the row numbers were. But this info is useless unless they know which plane it was too :)

Generally if they had a door either side of their row, and had the little chat with the cabin crew at the start of the flight, they were in the extra legroom/emergency seats.

As for the A321, they only have 2 of these representing less than 1% of their fleet so would be a slim chance it was this one, plus I cant find a seat map for it anyway :)
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    Easyjey planes dont have video screens, it is all done manually. I havent travelled on a budget airline that has had a TV screen on it for about 15 years now, maybe Africa is different :)

Thanks for that. Never having flown on Easyjet, I wrongly assumed that all modern aircraft now have some form of video briefing.

You're right about Africa being different. I've been on many aircraft where getting a working seatbelt is a luxury and landing with the same number of parts fitted to the aircraft as you took off with is a bonus!
  • bradders1983
    Options
    Thanks for that. Never having flown on Easyjet, I wrongly assumed that all modern aircraft now have some form of video briefing.

You're right about Africa being different. I've been on many aircraft where getting a working seatbelt is a luxury and landing with the same number of parts fitted to the aircraft as you took off with is a bonus!

The long haul ones (with a video screen on every seat) certainly will, but yes the shorter haul and budget planes got rid of "in flight entertainment" a long time ago, at least in Europe they did anyway.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Options

As for the A321, they only have 2 of these representing less than 1% of their fleet so would be a slim chance it was this one,

G-UZMB started operations on 24th August and hasn't flown to Rome.

G-UZMA started operations on 2nd August and flew to Rome and back on 12th September.

So very slim chance.
  • Cookiepops
    Cookiepops Posts: 377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 September 2018 at 7:57PM
    Options

Hi yes, on both flights out (row 12) and back (row 10), we were seated by emergency exits and had the safety talk by a member of the crew. We were also not allowed to have any bags on our laps or under the seats during take off and landing. I should add we specifically chose these rows and paid £25 each per way as they were advertised as extra legroom on the seat plan but with the caveat that we must be physically fit in order to remove the doors in an emergency.

The flights were:

Sat 15 Sep : EZY8253 leaving LGW 09:05 Landing Rome Fiumicino: 1240
    Weds 19 Sept: EZY8254 leaving Rome Fiumicino 13:25 Landing LGW 15:05
    :heart2: Cookiepops :heart2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business