Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cyclamen
    • By Cyclamen 15th Sep 18, 10:21 AM
    • 436Posts
    • 437Thanks
    Cyclamen
    Veterans ID Card for older veterans.
    • 15th Sep 18, 10:21 AM
    Veterans ID Card for older veterans. 15th Sep 18 at 10:21 AM
    Hello

I have been reading about Veterans ID cards. I can see that servicemen/women who have retired are now allowed to keep their ID card which entitles them to certain discounts but also I think for some it is 'part of them'.

My Dad retired from the army in 1982 and I am trying to work out if I can help him apply for an official veterans ID card.

I'm a bit nervous of falling into a 'non-official' card scam so thought I would ask here first for any ideas.

I have tried .gov.uk and the RBL search. I can find info of the corners being cut on current cards so they can be retained but nothing for the older lot. Are they still eligible?

Any pointers on if he is entitled and how to apply welcome please.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

336Posts Today

3,418Users online

Martin's Twitter