Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 12th Sep 18, 8:14 PM
    • 2,941Posts
    • 13,518Thanks
    MoneyMate
    My John Lewis Card
    • 12th Sep 18, 8:14 PM
    My John Lewis Card 12th Sep 18 at 8:14 PM
    Hi would be interested in any help or assistance , although I have had a My John Lewis card for some time I have never received and rewards, I have not used my card every time in store but John Lewis account online has my details but once again never received any rewards.
    On my online orders if my account and rewards card details are present should I receive points or rewards in any way ?
    Some purchases online and in store are present but some orders have never appeared or been rewarded.

Hope someone can please answer some of my questions, I even phoned up the JL helpline and was told that as a gesture of good will vouchers would be sent through the post, this was some 2 weeks ago none have arrived.
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
Page 1
    • missile
    • By missile 12th Sep 18, 10:13 PM
    • 9,781 Posts
    • 4,918 Thanks
    missile
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:13 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:13 PM
    Strange. On occasion I get rewards through the post for a card I never use.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 12th Sep 18, 10:34 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:34 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:34 PM
    Perhaps this problem is more widespread any more problems please.
    UK Resident
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 12th Sep 18, 10:36 PM
    • 32,916 Posts
    • 20,732 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:36 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:36 PM
    With your JL card your meant to receive vouchers for a free coffee and cake plus some others, I get 3 or 4 a year. It's not a points card but more a way to track your purchases.

I take it you have checked your opted in to receive promotional stuff ?
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 12th Sep 18, 10:52 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:52 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 10:52 PM
    With your JL card your meant to receive vouchers for a free coffee and cake plus some others, I get 3 or 4 a year. It's not a points card but more a way to track your purchases.

I take it you have checked your opted in to receive promotional stuff ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    That's right have never received vouchers for free tea / coffee, surely if a purchase is made through your account it should show on your online account?
    UK Resident
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 13th Sep 18, 8:46 AM
    • 21,416 Posts
    • 17,230 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 13th Sep 18, 8:46 AM
    • 13th Sep 18, 8:46 AM
    I received vouchers for a couple of years but then they dried up. When I rang them they did the sames as for you, sent me some as a goodwill gesture. Then yesterday the next lot of regular vouchers appeared, so hopefully whatever glitch they had has been resolved.

One thing you might want to consider is to download their App, go paperless on the rewards, and (they say) you will see when they are next due and get notified when they are available.

Of course, with their profits slashed to next to nothing they may well do away with rewards altogether.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 15th Sep 18, 8:48 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 8,793 Thanks
    Callie22
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:48 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 8:48 PM
    I've had the same issue - I stopped receiving any rewards whereas my partner (who also has a card and spends very little at JL) got lots of them. I did ask about this once and they said that I'd opted out, I hadn't but my account had somehow switched that off. I changed it back and got one set of vouchers, but then it happened again. I'm convinced that JL and Waitrose have an issue with their IT systems as we have the same problem with Waitrose but the other way round - I get vouchers but my OH doesn't. I could also never get the old 'my offers' to work with Waitrose.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 15th Sep 18, 9:46 PM
    • 32,916 Posts
    • 20,732 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 15th Sep 18, 9:46 PM
    • 15th Sep 18, 9:46 PM
    I've had the same issue - I stopped receiving any rewards whereas my partner (who also has a card and spends very little at JL) got lots of them. I did ask about this once and they said that I'd opted out, I hadn't but my account had somehow switched that off. I changed it back and got one set of vouchers, but then it happened again. I'm convinced that JL and Waitrose have an issue with their IT systems as we have the same problem with Waitrose but the other way round - I get vouchers but my OH doesn't. I could also never get the old 'my offers' to work with Waitrose.
    Originally posted by Callie22
    As mentioned use your smart phone for the John Lewis benefits.
    • Callie22
    • By Callie22 16th Sep 18, 12:09 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 8,793 Thanks
    Callie22
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:09 PM
    • 16th Sep 18, 12:09 PM
    As mentioned use your smart phone for the John Lewis benefits.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Even if you use the app, you still have to go via the website to set your marketing preferences - you can't do this via the app, it just takes you to the website. It looks like if these are set to no (or not set at all) then you don't get the vouchers, even if your preferences for the 'my John Lewis' bit are set to yes. The problem I have is that mine keep resetting for no apparent reason. As I said, it looks like there are issues with the John Lewis (and partners, so Waitrose too) website. It's not the end of the world but as I have spent time in systems testing I do find bad ones irritating.
    • 1974Stephen
    • By 1974Stephen 17th Sep 18, 1:41 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    1974Stephen
    Hi. I though this was about a John Lewis (& Partners) Mastercard which is what I have. Is "my John Lewis" card something else?
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 17th Sep 18, 7:46 PM
    • 21,416 Posts
    • 17,230 Thanks
    agrinnall
    Hi. I though this was about a John Lewis (& Partners) Mastercard which is what I have. Is "my John Lewis" card something else?
    Originally posted by 1974Stephen

There's absolutely nothing that anybody has written in the thread to suggest that it's about a credit card, it's the JL loyalty card.
    • 1974Stephen
    • By 1974Stephen 17th Sep 18, 8:31 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    1974Stephen
    My word, talk about rude. I never knew they had one.

Thank you and good evening.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 18th Sep 18, 8:27 AM
    • 21,416 Posts
    • 17,230 Thanks
    agrinnall
    My word, talk about rude. I never knew they had one.

Thank you and good evening.

How is it rude, I was just answering your post? You need to grow a thicker skin if you're going to stay on the forum.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 18th Sep 18, 8:41 AM
    • 12,819 Posts
    • 8,673 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Even if you use the app, you still have to go via the website to set your marketing preferences - you can't do this via the app, it just takes you to the website. It looks like if these are set to no (or not set at all) then you don't get the vouchers, even if your preferences for the 'my John Lewis' bit are set to yes. The problem I have is that mine keep resetting for no apparent reason. As I said, it looks like there are issues with the John Lewis (and partners, so Waitrose too) website. It's not the end of the world but as I have spent time in systems testing I do find bad ones irritating.
    I have this problem, as soon as I update the website the offers appear on the app. If I unsubscribe (which I don't) but it seems to unsubscribe itself, then the offers go from the app.
    • DiJones
    • By DiJones 18th Sep 18, 5:43 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    DiJones
    You need to subscribe/accept marketing mail and emails. I went into the store to ask about this. Log into your account and check which options you have ticked. I found I had opted out of marketing emails etc and as soon as I accepted them I got my coffee and cake vouchers.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 18th Sep 18, 7:17 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Marketing Preferences problems
    Thanks Callie22, this exactly what is happening to me, so frustrating into marketing preverences to discover its been turned off , so turn on again only to find the next day its off again.
    Last edited by MoneyMate; 18-09-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    UK Resident
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 18th Sep 18, 7:29 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    How is it rude, I was just answering your post? You need to grow a thicker skin if you're going to stay on the forum.
    Originally posted by agrinnall
    You sometimes need a suit of Armour with some of the reply's hence my foot note
    Last edited by MoneyMate; 18-09-2018 at 7:34 PM.
    UK Resident
    • 1974Stephen
    • By 1974Stephen 18th Sep 18, 11:27 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    1974Stephen
    No you don't need armour or thick skin. Members just have to be nice. I ticked a box agreeing to this when I joined.
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 18th Sep 18, 11:47 PM
    • 2,941 Posts
    • 13,518 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    We all have different opinions let's just be NICE about it
    No you don't need armour or thick skin. Members just have to be nice. I ticked a box agreeing to this when I joined.
    Just agree to disagree but be nice and don't forever argue over points of disagreement
    UK Resident
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 19th Sep 18, 8:39 AM
    • 21,416 Posts
    • 17,230 Thanks
    agrinnall

Feel free to use the ignore function if you don't like my answers. I'll try to remember not to respond to anything you post in future.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,683Posts Today

7,802Users online

Martin's Twitter