Cash advance removal?

Options
Hi this may be a silly question, but has anyone ever managed to get a
cash advance removed from there credit file?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    emz190 wrote: »
    Hi this may be a silly question, but has anyone ever managed to get a
    cash advance removed from there credit file?

Had you made a cash advance ?
  • emz190
    emz190 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I made a purchase on a gambling site didn!!!8217;t realise it would come up as a cash advance
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi emz190,

Use a pre-paid card to gamble with. That way, you don't get charged the cash advance fee and you don't build a debt through gambling. :)

Edit: And no, I doubt your cc company will remove the marker, as it is correct.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,975 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5883944

Stop gambling with any of your cards as you could encounter difficulties obtaining a mortgage..
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 August 2018 at 7:10PM
    Options
    emz190 wrote: »
    I made a purchase on a gambling site didn!!!8217;t realise it would come up as a cash advance

Use cash in the bookies or as suggested use a pre paid or just stop gambling.

Why start a new thread when you asked the same question in your earlier thread ?
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Information submitted must be accurate and a true reflection of the account's records. Since a gambling transaction was made, a cash advance must be recorded.

Even if unaware that this would happen, it does not change the fact that it did. In simple terms, it cannot be removed and the lender has no obligation to do so. In fact, removing a correct record would be irresponsible on their part, as it would mislead other lenders when making a decision, as something that should have been visible to them is not.

The occasional cash advance will not cause much of an impact, however frequent cash advancing will signal financial stress to other lenders. You should avoid gambling on a credit card altogether, as it is essentially profiting from someone else's money until it is repaid. Cash advancing should be treated as an emergency facility as opposed to a regular one.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Load the bets from a debit card, easier way of doing it and avoids the CC charges. I do it that way for my annual Grand National bet and then withdraw the returns back into the bank account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure