Holiday Website Recommendations

Options
We've just returned from a successful package holiday and thoughts are now turning to another one for 2019.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend good websites that offer good value for money, we used Teletext Holidays this time but reviews seem to suggest they have problems, didn't know that before booking and luckily our holiday was fine.

Is it best to book early, or risk waiting for a late deal, is there much difference in price?

We paid £3,500 for flights and accommodation (Crete, 10 days, 3* apartment/hotel) for a family of 6, budget next year hopefully will be slightly more generous.
Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108

Comments

• Potbellypig
    Options
    I find Sunshine the most user friendly.

In terms of cost, it really is a combination of spending time researching what you're after and the a bit of luck in getting in at the right time.

For example, I'm going Lanzarote for 10 days soon and I booked it 6 weeks ago for £2400. Since that time, I can't find the same deal for anything less than £3200.

If you know what you're looking for and have a price you want to pay, then spending a few minutes everyday searching will eventually save you some money.
  • joebob
    joebob Posts: 451 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    use skyscanner for your flights and trivago for accommadation.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Sunshine have been bought by On The Beach, one of the most-complained-about agents on here.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On price: if you are really flexible about where you go then book late. The resorts and countries that no-one wants will be cheap by then, while popular places will be very expensive or not available at all. If you have reasonably specific requirements then book fairly early: have some idea about how much you are willing to pay, and if you see what you want at about that price then that is the time to book.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks all - we're considering Sicily next year so will probably book early as I know flights tend to go up and it looks like a Villa is our best option there.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow, thanks dj1471, we have used Sunshine loads and have always been pleased with them, but I wouldn't touch OTB with a bargepole..........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure