Getting a new phone line when leaving Virgin Media

Options
The last straw for me was when Virgin Media sopped showing the 10 UKTV channels without giving any notice. I am now looking at alternatives but wherever I go I will need a new phone line as I left BT 10 years ago. How can I ensure that the new phone line is set up on the same date I leave Virgin Media as I do not want to be without my Phone or broadband for more than a few hours. I also notice the cost of installing a new phone line differs enormously for example Sky is 20 pounds whilst PlusNet is 50 pounds

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SEE TV they should be back .
  • Magic_Moments
    Options
    I understand but what is the situation regarding having a new phone line installed as I will be leaving Virgin Media anyway. Too many problems in the past 18 months, poor customer services and the most expensive.They like a lot of companies have no interest in loyalty.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You will be pushed to find an ISP with customer loyalty >> Try Zen or A&A

BT Line
    http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8311/~/how-much-does-it-cost-to-install-a-new-bt-phone-line-or-reconnect-an-old-one%3F

You may not get one VM off and New Line on the same day .BT OR work to their own schedule via your new ISP .

Do you intend to transfer telephone number ??
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unless the phone number you have with VM is important to you, then you don't need to organise the VM switch off on the exact date the new Openreach delivered service is switched on, you could get the new service in and working before switching off the VM service
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If your old BT line is still in place, it may just be a matter of reconnecting at the street cab or exchange.
    The price is heavily discounted from the BT rack rate of about £130 and depends on the value of the new contract you are agreeing.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport