Buyers Remorse Negative Feedback

WLM21
WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I sold an item (BNIB) a few weeks ago.

After about a week the buyer opened a return case. In his comment, he had added ' tried to contact the seller without success"

Firstly .. he never contacted me

I contacted Ebay to ask their advice. The item was sold unopened, but the buyer has used it, but now doesn't want it. I was going to be stuck with an item no longer BNIB.

I have always in the past accepted returns and in fact I have always been happy to pay for these.

I contacted Ebay on this matter and was told that this is simply a case of buyers remorse and i didn't have to accept the return.

I asked .. what about possible negative feedback. No problem was the answer .. if he / she does leave negative, it will be removed.

OK ... great

How do I refuse the refund ... Ebay talked me through the process. I was going to add the comment, about getting Ebay's advice but was told .. no need for that.

Now .. a week later ... negative feedback

No problem ... phoned Ebay and they refuse to remove the neg

My first one .. but still v v v annoying ... especially after having been told one thing by the Ebay representative.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You can respond to the feedback giving your point of view then anyone seeing it will at least see both sides .
  • Contact customer services and ask them to remove the negative feedback, you can demonstrate that the feedback is untrue as they will be able to see from your messages that you were not contacted by them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure