Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • westbridgfordguy
    • By westbridgfordguy 12th Aug 18, 1:29 AM
    • 75Posts
    • 22Thanks
    westbridgfordguy
    Noddle can't verify identity -Identity Theft
    • 12th Aug 18, 1:29 AM
    Noddle can't verify identity -Identity Theft 12th Aug 18 at 1:29 AM
    I was recently contact by the HMRC Fraud Office telling me that someone had stolen my personal details and set myself up as the Director of a number of bogus companies

I phoned the National Fraud Hotline to report this and they advised me to log onto Noddle website to see what loans had been taken out in my name over the past couple of years to check if the same person had also taken out loans in my name.

Every time I try to access Noddle I get the error message that they cant verify my identity which is strange as I have lived at my current address for over 10 years and am registered to vote at this address which are 2 of the possible reasons the website gives.

Is there something wrong with the website or can I use an alternative free credit checking website to find out what loans I have taken out recently, if so please can anyone recommend some,

TIA
Page 1
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 12th Aug 18, 7:19 AM
    • 784 Posts
    • 492 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:19 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:19 AM
    https://www.clearscore.com/ for your Equifax report
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub for Experian.
    • Willing2Learn
    • By Willing2Learn 12th Aug 18, 7:22 AM
    • 1,825 Posts
    • 1,408 Thanks
    Willing2Learn
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:22 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:22 AM
    Hi,

There are two other main Credit Reference Agencies (CRA), linked below. Try and verify your ID with both of them:
    ClearScore (Equifax)
    MSE Credit Club (Experian)

Instead of Noddle try and register direct with the CRA direct, to get your statutory credit report. The parent company of Noddle is CallCredit:
    https://www.callcreditstatreport.co.uk/
    Because this is a statutory report, it has to be made available to you. If they cannot issue your credit report instantly, they will usually ask for you to send in documents to prove your ID.

You really need to see your credit reports from all three CRAs, as something can be on one and not the other.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Willing2Learn; 12-08-2018 at 7:26 AM. Reason: add links
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• Craig1981
    • By Craig1981 12th Aug 18, 7:45 AM
    • 553 Posts
    • 262 Thanks
    Craig1981
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:45 AM
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:45 AM
    just a thought...
    if someone has stolen your identity, then if applying for a noddle account and going through their checks, it could be that they have you down as other addresses used by fraudsters, which would be the reason you are unable register with them?

try clearscore and money club as advised above as well... if unsuccessful, i would try contacting them all to get your accounts corrected
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 14th Aug 18, 1:36 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    • 14th Aug 18, 1:36 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 1:36 PM
    As mentioned above, I'd request a statutory report from the agencies directly... they should ask for ID if they can't provide it based on the info on your file (happened to me when I first moved to UK - I had a super thin file so they couldn't match me straight away). Once you have access to your reports, you should be able to get access to the free versions
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 14th Aug 18, 1:51 PM
    • 33,110 Posts
    • 20,856 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 14th Aug 18, 1:51 PM
    • 14th Aug 18, 1:51 PM
    Keep us updated OP.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,132Posts Today

6,702Users online

Martin's Twitter