Noddle can't verify identity -Identity Theft

Options
I was recently contact by the HMRC Fraud Office telling me that someone had stolen my personal details and set myself up as the Director of a number of bogus companies

I phoned the National Fraud Hotline to report this and they advised me to log onto Noddle website to see what loans had been taken out in my name over the past couple of years to check if the same person had also taken out loans in my name.

Every time I try to access Noddle I get the error message that they cant verify my identity which is strange as I have lived at my current address for over 10 years and am registered to vote at this address which are 2 of the possible reasons the website gives.

Is there something wrong with the website or can I use an alternative free credit checking website to find out what loans I have taken out recently, if so please can anyone recommend some,

TIA

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 August 2018 at 7:26AM
    Options
    Hi,

There are two other main Credit Reference Agencies (CRA), linked below. Try and verify your ID with both of them:
    ClearScore (Equifax)
    MSE Credit Club (Experian)

Instead of Noddle try and register direct with the CRA direct, to get your statutory credit report. The parent company of Noddle is CallCredit:
    https://www.callcreditstatreport.co.uk/
    Because this is a statutory report, it has to be made available to you. If they cannot issue your credit report instantly, they will usually ask for you to send in documents to prove your ID.

You really need to see your credit reports from all three CRAs, as something can be on one and not the other.

Good luck!!
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    just a thought...
    if someone has stolen your identity, then if applying for a noddle account and going through their checks, it could be that they have you down as other addresses used by fraudsters, which would be the reason you are unable register with them?

try clearscore and money club as advised above as well... if unsuccessful, i would try contacting them all to get your accounts corrected
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As mentioned above, I'd request a statutory report from the agencies directly... they should ask for ID if they can't provide it based on the info on your file (happened to me when I first moved to UK - I had a super thin file so they couldn't match me straight away). Once you have access to your reports, you should be able to get access to the free versions
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Keep us updated OP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts