Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 7firearcade
    • By 7firearcade 10th Aug 18, 12:13 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    7firearcade
    Job offer during suitable alternative employment period
    • 10th Aug 18, 12:13 PM
    Job offer during suitable alternative employment period 10th Aug 18 at 12:13 PM
    Hi,

I was warned in early July that my job was being made redundant and offered suitable alternative employment, which started on 1 August. I am still in my 4 week trial period, and at the end of that period can take redundancy. The whole process was poorly managed and has resulted in a lot of bad blood between my employer and I.

In the meantime, I started applying for other roles and have just been offered a job which I'm very excited about.

It seems to me that, although morally a bit shakey, there's potentially an opportunity to take redundancy from my current employer and then accept the new job - is this legal? Any pitfalls?

Thanks v much.
Page 1
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 10th Aug 18, 8:30 PM
    • 33,262 Posts
    • 20,086 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:30 PM
    • 10th Aug 18, 8:30 PM
    Have you rejected the job as not a suitable alternative?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

18Posts Today

4,958Users online

Martin's Twitter