Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • astreet3
    • By astreet3 9th Aug 18, 2:40 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 34Thanks
    astreet3
    EURO Car Parks -
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:40 PM
    EURO Car Parks - 9th Aug 18 at 2:40 PM
    Hi,

so I've read the sticky thread on how to appeal etc. and just after a second opinion really.

I've received a PCN NTK showing my car's registration number entering and leaving a car park in a 17 minute period. No ticket was purchased. This article explains why this is happening all the time in this particular car park:

https://www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/news/anger-over-rye-chippy-parking-fine-1-7588278

Is it still worth going through the online appeal (which seems odds on to be denied) and then the POPLA appeal in the hope they cocked up somewhere along the way? Or should I just cough up the 40.

thanks

A
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 2:51 PM
    • 19,837 Posts
    • 31,325 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:51 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 2:51 PM
    Is it still worth going through the online appeal (which seems odds on to be denied) and then the POPLA appeal in the hope they cocked up somewhere along the way? Or should I just cough up the 40.
    Are you seriously expecting anyone advising on how to beat private parking tickets to suggest you pay this?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • astreet3
    • By astreet3 9th Aug 18, 3:10 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    astreet3
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:10 PM
    Are you seriously expecting anyone advising on how to beat private parking tickets to suggest you pay this?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

I guess I asked for that!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 3:10 PM
    • 37,526 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    If you get a second opinion from anyone here saying anything other than to fight this then worry about their true intentions! (We do get some posters who come here with an agenda!)
    • astreet3
    • By astreet3 9th Aug 18, 3:26 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    astreet3
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:26 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:26 PM
    I guess what I'm really asking then is am I right that my first step is to just appeal via ECP online using the template from the sticky thread?

Then when that's rejected go for a POPLA appeal, looking at grounds such a land owner authority, accuracy of ANPR cameras/timing?

Given no ticket was purchased no contract was entered into so does that make a difference, as surely that's trespass rather than a broken contract?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    • 37,526 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name you need to ask MSE to change it to something truly anonymous

The ppcs monitor here and can use posts in your thread against you
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 3:31 PM
    • 19,837 Posts
    • 31,325 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I guess what I'm really asking then is am I right that my first step is to just appeal via ECP online using the template from the sticky thread?
    Yes, if you're in time.

Then when that's rejected go for a POPLA appeal, looking at grounds such a land owner authority, accuracy of ANPR cameras/timing?
    Yes, if you get a POPLA Code. There are various templates contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 for use in developing a POPLA appeal.

Given no ticket was purchased no contract was entered into so does that make a difference, as surely that's trespass rather than a broken contract?
    Depends what the signage says. You need to get contemporaneous photographs. They might be needed.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • astreet3
    • By astreet3 9th Aug 18, 3:49 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    astreet3
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:49 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:49 PM
    If you have inadvertently used your real name as your forum name you need to ask MSE to change it to something truly anonymous

The ppcs monitor here and can use posts in your thread against you
    Originally posted by Quentin

thanks Quentin but think I'm fine, my profile doesn't have my surname and must be andrew still fairly common (as muck) name.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Aug 18, 3:54 PM
    • 37,526 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:54 PM
    • 9th Aug 18, 3:54 PM
    You don't know at this stage what else will be posted here which can inadvertently end up subsequently identifying you! Especially if your surname matches that initial!

The advice to get it changed if it is a real name is sound (you run an unnecessary risk as well as breaking forum rules by using your real name)
    • astreet3
    • By astreet3 9th Aug 18, 3:55 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    astreet3
    Yes, if you're in time.

yep, just got the NTK today

Depends what the signage says. You need to get contemporaneous photographs. They might be needed.

thanks, I'll get some photos (after parking elsewhere and walking in!).
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Aug 18, 4:02 PM
    • 19,837 Posts
    • 31,325 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    after parking elsewhere and walking in!
    Good plan - and I don't mean that facetiously. There is definitely an educational need across the UK driver cohort when parking on a private car park, because almost everywhere is vulnerable to a PPC infestation, with mantraps set for the naive, ignorant or unwary.

The days of dumping the car for nothing for a few hours while having a stroll around town have all but disappeared.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Aug 18, 4:07 PM
    • 9,930 Posts
    • 10,235 Thanks
    KeithP
    As Quentin has said, best you get your username changed to something more anonymous.

To do that, read this short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
    • astreet3
    • By astreet3 9th Aug 18, 4:44 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    astreet3
    thanks, done already
    • megkram
    • By megkram 19th Sep 18, 3:03 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    megkram
    hi, just interested , have you had an outcome re this
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 19th Sep 18, 3:11 PM
    • 37,526 Posts
    • 21,736 Thanks
    Quentin
    These things often take months/years to resolve

See the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum now to get an understanding of the game you are caught up in (assuming you have a PCN to deal with)

If you still need help then start your own thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,621Posts Today

8,960Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Very kind. But it'd be an economic nightmare. People would get the note out, see me, and think, nah I probably shou? https://t.co/BYtFaddGcW

• Today?s twitter poll: Does President Trump put you off visiting the USA?? On Friday I did a poll about cities you'? https://t.co/5gbpoA9bF9

• RT @helen_undy: We're expanding our trustee board at this exciting point in @mmhpi's development, looking for 3 talented people to join @Ma?

• Follow Martin