IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking overpayment

Options
Hi - Just looking for a bit of advice.

I recently parked at hotel where parking could be paid using 'pay by phone'. I was in a rush and there was a lot of back ground noise in the car park and to cut a long story short when I called I thought I was entering 60 minutes, but instead agreed to park for 60 hours(!). I informed 'pay by phone' customer services of the error about 30 minutes later when the text message receipt came through. It was for £39.40 instead of the £3.00 I was expecting. They asked me to send them an email requesting a refund, which I did. I also got a note from the Hotel reception confirming my exit time which was within the hour.

Pay by phone are refusing to refund the money. They have given no reason, just basically told me to get stuffed.

I'd like to pursue this through the small claims court. It will cost me £35.00, but for me its worth it - should I have a chance of winning the claim. What do you think? Is there a good chance my claim would be upheld?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family