Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JasonEnn
    • By JasonEnn 6th Aug 18, 6:24 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JasonEnn
    Social Housing Bidding Queue
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:24 PM
    Social Housing Bidding Queue 6th Aug 18 at 6:24 PM
    Hi guys - so I'm currently bidding on some properties but I'm being pushed down the queue postition even after the bidding cycle has ended (happended twice).

For example:
    I bid for a property and ended up being 2nd at the end of the cycle. I checked again at the end of the day (the day after it ended) and I was pushed down to 3rd.

Same thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I was 11th at the end of the cycle and two days after it ended, I was pushed to 12th.

Is this normal? What is actually happening here?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Sunny Intervals
    • By Sunny Intervals 6th Aug 18, 6:27 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    Sunny Intervals
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:27 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 6:27 PM
    Maybe someone was given priority last minute due to becoming homeless?
    • JasonEnn
    • By JasonEnn 6th Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JasonEnn
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:19 PM
    Hmm maybe.. but all my other bids status are still active. This means they haven't given the properties away yet.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 6th Aug 18, 7:37 PM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 20,071 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:37 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:37 PM
    What did the HA or council say when you asked them about it?

• TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 6th Aug 18, 9:23 PM
    • 2,397 Posts
    • 2,307 Thanks
    TheGardener
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:23 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 9:23 PM
    Its usually housing officers putting bids on for people without access to the internet - elderly, disabled etc or making auto bids for people they know are band 1 eligible but haven't bid because they are in hospital etc. There are also some bids that come in by paper application form that need adding.

As sunnyintervals said - sometimes its emergency homeless - house fires, domestic violence, witness protection. Any number of reasons.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,299Posts Today

8,557Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin