Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 6th Aug 18, 5:30 PM
    • 95Posts
    • 14Thanks
    biggysmaller
    DRO and CCJ - marked as satisfied?
    • 6th Aug 18, 5:30 PM
    DRO and CCJ - marked as satisfied? 6th Aug 18 at 5:30 PM
    I received a CCJ in May last year - I subsequently had the outstanding sum of the CCJ on a DRO 2 months later. The DRO is now discharged. Am I able to apply to the Courts to have the CCJ marked as satisfied as my credit file?
    Thanks in advance.
Page 1
  • National Debtline
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    • 7th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    Hi biggysmaller

Unfortunately a CCJ cannot be shown as satisfied unless you can show the court you paid the balance of the debt. Although you no longer owe money on the CCJ, you did not actually pay it, and therefore the court will not mark it as satisfied. There is also no option to have a CCJ marked as partially settled.

Best wishes

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    • 14,929 Posts
    • 14,006 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    • 12th Aug 18, 9:56 PM
    The CCJ is quashed under your insolvency, but the entry on your credit file will remain the same for the full six years unfortunately.

Although debts included in the DRO will be marked as satisfied, your CCJ will not be.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,054Posts Today

9,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin