Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 5th Aug 18, 6:16 PM
    • 10,538Posts
    • 9,474Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    Item not received...what to do please?
    • 5th Aug 18, 6:16 PM
    Item not received...what to do please? 5th Aug 18 at 6:16 PM
    Hi All,,

I am not a seasoned ebayer.

Scenario,,well reviewed seller with over 100 positives, advertises item. I win it, i pay.

Item still not showing dispatched a week later.

Messaged via ebay,,no response.

I want the item.

What is my best approach? Can i find out the sellers details/name/address somehow?
    Thanks
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
Page 1
    • 19lottie82
    • By 19lottie82 5th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    • 5,787 Posts
    • 8,695 Thanks
    19lottie82
    • 5th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    Go to your sales record and there will be the option to report a problem, then I didn’t recieve my item. Click this and you can open a not received case. Unless the seller can provide a proof of delivery ebay will refund you. But you will need to click a button to get them to “step in and help”, if the buyer hasn’t resolved the issue to your satisfaction, after a week.
    • lindens
    • By lindens 6th Aug 18, 2:54 PM
    • 2,139 Posts
    • 7,023 Thanks
    lindens
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:54 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 2:54 PM
    Is it actually outside the delivery period yet? if so, as the poster said above, open a case
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
    • lammy82
    • By lammy82 6th Aug 18, 4:49 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    lammy82
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:49 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 4:49 PM
    Additionally, you can request the seller's contact details using this form, but is perhaps not something to do at this stage. Raise the 'item not received' case first. It's in your best interests to ensure that all communication goes through the eBay system.

Not all sellers promptly mark the item as dispatched even though they have sent it. The item may be on its way.

NB. If you use that form, your own contact details will be sent to the vendor also, so they will know that you have requested them.
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 6th Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    • 9,454 Posts
    • 57,811 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 7:24 PM
    NB. If you use that form, your own contact details will be sent to the vendor also, so they will know that you have requested them.
    Originally posted by lammy82

The vendor will have the contact details anyway as part of the sale otherwise they wouldn't know where to send it.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • C_Mababejive
    • By C_Mababejive 7th Aug 18, 11:23 AM
    • 10,538 Posts
    • 9,474 Thanks
    C_Mababejive
    • 7th Aug 18, 11:23 AM
    • 7th Aug 18, 11:23 AM
    My current intention is to enforce the contract that has been formed. I do not wish to have a refund. I will issue proceedings via MCOL if necessary.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
    • soolin
    • By soolin 7th Aug 18, 11:33 AM
    • 60,698 Posts
    • 43,300 Thanks
    soolin
    • 7th Aug 18, 11:33 AM
    • 7th Aug 18, 11:33 AM
    My current intention is to enforce the contract that has been formed. I do not wish to have a refund. I will issue proceedings via MCOL if necessary.
    Originally posted by C_Mababejive
    You are unlikely to be able to enforce the contract and insist something is sent, MCOL will just get you your money back. easier to use the ebay/paypal system which doesn't involve you jumping through hoops.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Houbara
    • By Houbara 7th Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    • 3,690 Posts
    • 2,444 Thanks
    Houbara
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 9:41 PM
    a week is nt too long. Its holiday time give the seller a better chance.
    I have just bought from what I thought was from a UK seller selling a low value electronic item I could buy in China for half the price. I needed it quickly so paid the extra for quicker postage from a UK seller.
    Turns out the seller manipulated the details and is in China and I m looking at over two weeks at least.
    How do Ebay let them get away with this fraud lying at where they are in the world ? Chinese seller is doubling his profit with this scam
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 8th Aug 18, 9:51 AM
    • 3,431 Posts
    • 1,949 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:51 AM
    • 8th Aug 18, 9:51 AM
    How do Ebay let them get away with this fraud lying at where they are in the world ?
    Did you report it to eBay? Otherwise eBay don't know about it. The report item button is in the item listing. You need to be spend a few minutes making sure you use the correct option for mis-representing the item location and you'll see these accounts get shut down pretty quick.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • Luke86
    • By Luke86 8th Aug 18, 10:43 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Luke86
    eBay won't let you open a case after a week. From memory, it's 30 days? You can then open the case, if there's no response from the seller, then it automatically goes in your favour. You can also reverse the transaction in PayPal if eBay doesn't do it for you. But in both scenarios, you only end up with a refund (and it looks like you want the item), and it's going to be after waiting a month or so.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 8th Aug 18, 10:49 AM
    • 3,431 Posts
    • 1,949 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    eBay won't let you open a case after a week.
    It's based on the dispatch time and method of post the seller sets, you certainly don't have to wait 30 days.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 8th Aug 18, 10:59 AM
    • 60,698 Posts
    • 43,300 Thanks
    soolin
    eBay won't let you open a case after a week. From memory, it's 30 days? You can then open the case, if there's no response from the seller, then it automatically goes in your favour. You can also reverse the transaction in PayPal if eBay doesn't do it for you. But in both scenarios, you only end up with a refund (and it looks like you want the item), and it's going to be after waiting a month or so.
    Originally posted by Luke86
    As per ballisticbrian the 30 days is the cut off for a claim, after 30 days from the last estimated date of delivery an ebay claim cannot be successfully won by a buyer automatically.

As I have a 1 day dispatch showing most of the time, it is possible, and I've had it done to me, to open an INR within a week.It is therefore quite possible to have opened a case and had a full refund within 2 weeks of buying an item, depending on sellers dispatch time and postage method.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,474Posts Today

8,517Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin