Item not received...what to do please?

Hi All,,

I am not a seasoned ebayer.

Scenario,,well reviewed seller with over 100 positives, advertises item. I win it, i pay.

Item still not showing dispatched a week later.

Messaged via ebay,,no response.

I want the item.

What is my best approach? Can i find out the sellers details/name/address somehow?
Thanks
Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..

Comments

• 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Go to your sales record and there will be the option to report a problem, then I didn’t recieve my item. Click this and you can open a not received case. Unless the seller can provide a proof of delivery ebay will refund you. But you will need to click a button to get them to “step in and help”, if the buyer hasn’t resolved the issue to your satisfaction, after a week.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Is it actually outside the delivery period yet? if so, as the poster said above, open a case
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • lammy82
    lammy82 Posts: 594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Additionally, you can request the seller's contact details using this form, but is perhaps not something to do at this stage. Raise the 'item not received' case first. It's in your best interests to ensure that all communication goes through the eBay system.

Not all sellers promptly mark the item as dispatched even though they have sent it. The item may be on its way.

NB. If you use that form, your own contact details will be sent to the vendor also, so they will know that you have requested them.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    lammy82 wrote: »
    NB. If you use that form, your own contact details will be sent to the vendor also, so they will know that you have requested them.

The vendor will have the contact details anyway as part of the sale otherwise they wouldn't know where to send it.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My current intention is to enforce the contract that has been formed. I do not wish to have a refund. I will issue proceedings via MCOL if necessary.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,183 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My current intention is to enforce the contract that has been formed. I do not wish to have a refund. I will issue proceedings via MCOL if necessary.

You are unlikely to be able to enforce the contract and insist something is sent, MCOL will just get you your money back. easier to use the ebay/paypal system which doesn't involve you jumping through hoops.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • a week is nt too long. Its holiday time give the seller a better chance.
    I have just bought from what I thought was from a UK seller selling a low value electronic item I could buy in China for half the price. I needed it quickly so paid the extra for quicker postage from a UK seller.
    Turns out the seller manipulated the details and is in China and I m looking at over two weeks at least.
    How do Ebay let them get away with this fraud lying at where they are in the world ? Chinese seller is doubling his profit with this scam
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    How do Ebay let them get away with this fraud lying at where they are in the world ?
    Did you report it to eBay? Otherwise eBay don't know about it. The report item button is in the item listing. You need to be spend a few minutes making sure you use the correct option for mis-representing the item location and you'll see these accounts get shut down pretty quick.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • Luke86
    Luke86 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    eBay won't let you open a case after a week. From memory, it's 30 days? You can then open the case, if there's no response from the seller, then it automatically goes in your favour. You can also reverse the transaction in PayPal if eBay doesn't do it for you. But in both scenarios, you only end up with a refund (and it looks like you want the item), and it's going to be after waiting a month or so.
  • eBay won't let you open a case after a week.
    It's based on the dispatch time and method of post the seller sets, you certainly don't have to wait 30 days.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure