Own Insurers inflating Physio cost to me

Hi - ill try and trim the fat down to just brass tacks;

I've been in a car accident - other party has admitted fault.

I am leaning towards taking the pre-med offer which seems ok. However - the t's and c's of my insurer state if i take this deal then i will be deducted my current physio that i have undertaken from my settlement figure. Which i was willing to obide.

However, when receiving the invoice the 3 x 25 min sessions totalled £250 (initial assessment - £75 and two subsequent sessions at £55 each.... so how they got £250 im not sure?!)

I queried this and they advised the price is different as the physio company charges insurance claims at a higher rate.

When i spoke to the physio company to verify they told me that this was in fact false. They charge £35 per session - even for the apparently more expensive 'initial assessment'.

What would you do?

Comments

• angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    When you say your insurance I am certain you actually mean your solicitor.

Physio charges will most likely be £50 triage (for that initial phone call you may or may not have had) £15 questionnaire fee £75 initial assessment fee and then £55 each for 2 further sessions. Sounds like you are using Winns Solicitors.

The issue with a pre med offer is that they have been banned and insurers are not supposed to make an offer until they have at least one medical report. That is not your problem though. Tell the solicitors you will offer £35 a session towards the physio and if they do not agree it you will let the compensating insurer know what the physio really cost.
  • Hi angrycrow!

Yes - apologies I do mean my own solicitors. Think the heat as melted my brain a little!

Real ruthless suggestion there! (which I like!). However surely they will not care as the cost of the physio is effectively being funded by me? So would either insurer care?

Think most of my ill feelings come from the lack of transparency in the cost rather than the financial implication.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I went with my own physio in that circumstance, the other driver's insurance said they'd pay whatever sum a session for 5 sessions only (pending further medical checks) so I just went to one at my gym that I'd used before and saved the receipts and claimed it back
  • FutureGirl
    FutureGirl Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Don't take the pre-med, and go to a medical. Then your solicitor will submit the claim for compensation for your injury and your physio the insurer. It seems they're deducting the physio cost because it's a pre-med offer.

Although if the insurer offered treatment before yours started the insurer will only offer what they could have got the same treatment for (which is likely to be a lot less).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure