Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 3rd Aug 18, 8:50 PM
    • 215Posts
    • 23Thanks
    cbrookes
    0 WOW
    London 241 with rail ticket
    • 3rd Aug 18, 8:50 PM
    0 WOW
    London 241 with rail ticket 3rd Aug 18 at 8:50 PM
    Hi, just after some clarification please. We are going in a couple of weeks as a family of 2 adults and 3 children (5,9,14). When we go to somewhere that children go free (eg London Transport Museum) can we use a 241 for the adults and still get the kids free? Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 6th Aug 18, 1:09 PM
    • 22,538 Posts
    • 11,159 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:09 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 1:09 PM
    Yes.

Do you have a family or two together railcard?

Also when you get to London don't put the tickets in the gate as they will be kept by the machine. You need your tickets for the 241.
    Look for a memebr of staff (usually at either left or right end). You can explain you want to keep your tickets, but often it's busy so they normally don't want an explanation but wave your ticket at them to show them you have one and they'll normally let your through.
    I use 241 frequently and my experience is that tickets are asked for about 50% of the time.
    • cbrookes
    • By cbrookes 6th Aug 18, 3:12 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cbrookes
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:12 PM
    • 6th Aug 18, 3:12 PM
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I am also using a friends and family rail card, does that make a difference then for the 241 offers? Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

600Posts Today

5,688Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should fracking be allowed in the UK? A test site reopened this week to much local protest.? https://t.co/orpNJN6Bf9

• Lovely package on #newsnight just now about Brexit hitchhiking, livened up what has been not the most exciting show.

• Is this is a serious tweet or a joke? Why did I mention he was a cyclist - because he was a cyclist. Eh? https://t.co/F1SP7UJZkH

• Follow Martin