Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • menaistraits
    • By menaistraits 12th Jul 18, 5:47 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    menaistraits
    HSBC "the world is yours"
    • 12th Jul 18, 5:47 PM
    HSBC "the world is yours" 12th Jul 18 at 5:47 PM
    Is anyone else a little annoyed with HSBC's "the world is yours"
    Is it legal to emblazon my/a customer's first names, as part of their, HSBC"S, Forex advertising campaign, across the outside of the envelope containing the advertising blurb they've sent out this week...I thought there were new laws/rules about data protection and privacy?
    Any other HSBC Premier customers had similar envelopes?
Page 1
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 12th Jul 18, 6:04 PM
    • 2,193 Posts
    • 2,065 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:04 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:04 PM
    I haven't seen the adverts, but with reference to your first name being on an envelope, this isn't a breach of GDPR. Your name is normally on envelopes, albeit not necessarily in a large font. You may not like what they have done, but it isn't illegal.
    • IanManc
    • By IanManc 12th Jul 18, 6:24 PM
    • 562 Posts
    • 913 Thanks
    IanManc
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:24 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:24 PM
    Is anyone else a little annoyed with HSBC's "the world is yours"
    Is it legal to emblazon my/a customer's first names, as part of their, HSBC"S, Forex advertising campaign, across the outside of the envelope containing the advertising blurb they've sent out this week...I thought there were new laws/rules about data protection and privacy?
    Any other HSBC Premier customers had similar envelopes?
    Originally posted by menaistraits
    I had a bumper post today - I got four letters!

All of them had my name on the outside of the envelope!!!

I am outraged.

• huw01
    • By huw01 12th Jul 18, 6:32 PM
    • 221 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    huw01
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:32 PM
    • 12th Jul 18, 6:32 PM
    What!!!8217;s the difference in having your name printed on the outside of an envelope in addition or in place of having it seen and displayed through a window in the envelope ? There would be an issue if it was your name and address printed on the envelope that somebody else!!!8217;s details on the letter. GDPR doesn!!!8217;t have any bearing on this issue I!!!8217;d say
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,331Users online

Martin's Twitter