IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart PCN wrong registration

Gem*10
Gem*10 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 11 July 2018 at 11:16AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi everyone just looking for some advice please! I have received a parking charge notice from smart parking at Astle retail park West Bromwich on 22/06/2018 !!! Someone has typed an old registration number in the machine which has resulted in this PCN !!! have I got a chance if I contest it? Parking was paid and was well in the time limit allocated! Thanks in advance !!! Never posted before new here!

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Please start by reading the Newbies Sticky and follow the advice there. Then send the template appeal, unaltered.

Appeals based on common sense or fact almost invariably fail and often make life more difficult for you down the line.

Also it would be wise to edit your post to remove all references to who was driving - PPCs do monitor this forum and occasionally try to match-up cases with posters, so from now-on only post from the POV of the vehicle keeper.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Gem*10 wrote: »
    I've still got the original ticket if this may be any help to online challenge??

No.

Just send the NEWBIES appeal template and don't change it, don't add to it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you for your reply! Im new here and struggling to find the newbies thread and template sorry :(
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Look at the post by C-M above yours and in her signature you will see the way to find the NEWBIE thread in which you will find the template and loads of other useful advice.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thank you for your reply! Im new here and struggling to find the newbies thread and template sorry :(

Stickies, their purpose, location and the importance of reading them first was all covered during your signup. You shouldn't have a problem finding them!
  • Ive found them!! Thank you very much used template as advised and submitted. Fingers croseed thanks everyone xx
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,223 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ive found them!! Thank you very much used template as advised and submitted. Fingers croseed thanks everyone xx

If/when it is rejected, you will need to read up on how to make a PoPLA appeal using all the template points available to you from post 3 of the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Thank you so much for all your help!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure