Paid off a CCJ within 1 month to Civil Enforcement...

...But I paid by phone and have no proof it has been paid. Wish I paid online now as there may have been a confirmation page. Only paid it 3 days ago and with the weekend it hasn't registered on my bank account yet. Ringing the court (County Court Business Centre in Northampton) a recorded message says I need a letter from the claimant or their solicitor confirming the CCJ has been paid and send that with a £15 fee in order to get a "certificate" . But I'm not sure if this is same as clearing the CCJ from the register.

Unfortunately, Civil Enforcement (being the dodgy set up that they are) are impossible to contact by phone or email. Their phone number is geared up for taking payments only and when it says you can speak to an advisor it just says there is a high call volume and leave a message. It always says this, no matter what time I call. It is definitely paid as when I input the PCN it says balance is zero. I left a message on Friday and have heard nothing back. Now the PCN is paid I can't get anywhere in their phone system. I wrote a letter to them on Friday also, as I'm not expecting to hear back after my voicemail message. They are basically robbers with the facade of a parking company. Anyway, I requested a proof of payment from them as soon as possible.

My question is, what do I do to get this CCJ cleared if they dont get back to me? And also, if it takes a while to sort this with the court, and I go over a month to confirm it (but the actual payment was made within a month of judgment date) will I still get this CCJ cleared without affecting my credit rating? I have a near perfect credit rating before this and now it is suddenly rock bottom.I'm sick with worry as I need to borrow more money on my mortgage to buy my ex partner out.

Grateful for any advice or experiences. Thanks.

Comments

• It will show on your bank statement along with the reference.

It should get removed with no issues, but you're right you may have to pay to get a certificate of satisfaction.

You don't have a credit rating or score to be affected so don't fret over that.

But in reality as this was a parking fine, you could have got it set-aside or removed rather than paying for it had you posted/looked at the parking tickets board on here
  • Thanks !!!. Yes I did read about setting aside but was concerned that I would pay £255 to have it set aside (when the amount I owed was £349) and not get the 255 back. Also I was petrified of time and thought if it went over a month that I would then have the CCJ on my file for 6 years even if it was "satisfied" etc etc. My stress levels were too high having to deal with a fight with them but thank you for this insight, it's very useful. Do you know roughly how long it takes to get removed after payment/confirmation?

Is it too late to go through e.g. POPLA now I have already paid it? On the grounds that I paid it in fear of not being able to get a mortgage, but it was issued unfairly in the first place (I did not overstay and their records have timings that state I was there within the designated free period so I Don't understand why I got the fine in the first place) and I didn't live at the address the CCJ went to so did not have a chance to pay it when it was only £50. I only found out about it through checking my credit file.
  • It can take a week or two - nothing to fret about.

Regarding your other comments - post in the parking forum and link back to this post and see what they recommend
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    What was the date of the CCJ?

Your post says the CCJ went to an old address and was for £50 yet you now say it cost £350 to pay off???
  • Quentin wrote: »
    What was the date of the CCJ?

Your post says the CCJ went to an old address and was for £50 yet you now say it cost £350 to pay off???

Date of CCJ was 22/06/18.

The PCN I am assuming was for £100 (£50 if paid within 28 days) as I have seen other people's PCNs from this car park. The PCN dates back to Sept 2017. The CCJ is for £349 so I assumed this was interest, court fees or late payment fees or something added on to the £100. I never received either the PCN or the CCJ so I can't be sure.
  • They would send it to the address your car is registered at with the DVLA.

Is this address correct?
  • !!! wrote: »
    They would send it to the address your car is registered at with the DVLA.

Is this address correct?

It was incorrect at the time of thr PCN yes. I didn't update my address with DVLA until January this year unfortunately.
  • That!!!8217;s why then. It went to the address where the car is registered which was wrong.

Also it!!!8217;s illegal to not update the DVLA with the correct address where the vehicle is registered so you!!!8217;re lucky nothing more has come of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure