Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 8th Jul 18, 4:42 PM
    • 8,674Posts
    • 2,065Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Lawn problem
    • 8th Jul 18, 4:42 PM
    Lawn problem 8th Jul 18 at 4:42 PM
    Our lawn has suffered in the present dry spell - it has not been watered..
    The last time that it was cut was a month ago - it has not grown at all - it is covered in thousands of spindly grass seed stalks.....
    Should we cut the lawn before these seed or are they just going to thicken the lawn when it eventually rains ?
Page 1
    • Linda32
    • By Linda32 8th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    • 4,237 Posts
    • 9,318 Thanks
    Linda32
    • 8th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    Nothing will happen to the lawn. It will sit there quite happily looking very brown and when it rains it will grow again.

We cut the stuff week after week and it grows back. In the winter it is pure mud and it grows back. You can't kill it.

I haven't got a lawn just grass paths at the allotment. The fact that it isn't growing every five minutes is a good thing.
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 8th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    • 13,007 Posts
    • 10,080 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    Mine's like that and I have put the mower over it - but a bit of a waste of my time really.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 8th Jul 18, 8:13 PM
    • 17,599 Posts
    • 44,524 Thanks
    elsien
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:13 PM
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:13 PM
    Anything that makes the gaps between mowing longer is fine by me.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,782Posts Today

8,773Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Gillsnatter: "The phrase I hate is: it's only money. Money is one of the biggest causes of divorce it's one of the biggest causes of me?

• RT @TrevorNeal: Thanks Martin! It didn?t go unnoticed. Good to meet you too. We?re more likely to Swing Our Pensions these days..! #MartinL?

• Big thanks to all who watched @itvMLshow LIVE last night - our most watched live ever, 3.2m of you, a whopping 16%? https://t.co/wqoqHG7VH5

• Follow Martin