Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AltheHibby
    • By AltheHibby 7th Jul 18, 4:48 PM
    • 689Posts
    • 794Thanks
    AltheHibby
    Met parking - additional point?
    • 7th Jul 18, 4:48 PM
    Met parking - additional point? 7th Jul 18 at 4:48 PM
    Dealing with these scammers. The letter says 90 minutes at the top and 30 in the body of the letter. Worth adding to the standard F Off, I mean appeal?

Spoke to Macdonalds and they claim that its not their car park when it's their cafe. Typical clueless manager couldn't care less and is either uninterested or a liar.
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Jul 18, 5:45 PM
    • 9,213 Posts
    • 9,387 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Jul 18, 5:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 5:45 PM
    No.

Send the standard blue text appeal without change.

Why do you think adding anything will make any difference?

There is no money in accepting appeals.
    • AltheHibby
    • By AltheHibby 7th Jul 18, 5:52 PM
    • 689 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    AltheHibby
    • 7th Jul 18, 5:52 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 5:52 PM
    Thanks Keith. I think I just needed somebody to tell me to behave and not wind the scammers up for the sake of it.

I'll just stick to C-M's winning formula.

They won't see a penny from the RK:I'll make sure of that.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 18, 8:11 PM
    • 19,391 Posts
    • 30,627 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:11 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 8:11 PM
    Aren't you in Scotland?
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • AltheHibby
    • By AltheHibby 8th Jul 18, 8:24 AM
    • 689 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    AltheHibby
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:24 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 8:24 AM
    I am, but the RK and incident are in England.

I appreciate your comment anyway.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Jul 18, 9:02 AM
    • 9,995 Posts
    • 9,806 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:02 AM
    • 8th Jul 18, 9:02 AM
    manager couldn't care less and is either uninterested or a liar.

Write that on their Facebook page.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,420Posts Today

8,510Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin