IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Met parking - additional point?

Dealing with these scammers. The letter says 90 minutes at the top and 30 in the body of the letter. Worth adding to the standard F Off, I mean appeal?

Spoke to Macdonalds and they claim that its not their car park when it's their cafe. Typical clueless manager couldn't care less and is either uninterested or a liar.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    No.

Send the standard blue text appeal without change.

Why do you think adding anything will make any difference?

There is no money in accepting appeals.
  • AltheHibby
    AltheHibby Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Keith. I think I just needed somebody to tell me to behave and not wind the scammers up for the sake of it.

I'll just stick to C-M's winning formula.

They won't see a penny from the RK:I'll make sure of that.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Aren't you in Scotland?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • AltheHibby
    AltheHibby Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am, but the RK and incident are in England.

I appreciate your comment anyway.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    manager couldn't care less and is either uninterested or a liar.

Write that on their Facebook page.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure