Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 7th Jul 18, 12:17 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    greenpenguin
    ParkingEye parking charge notice
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:17 PM
    ParkingEye parking charge notice 7th Jul 18 at 12:17 PM
    Morning all,

Received in the post today relating to last Sunday. 100 charge amount, 60 if I pay it quickly.

Short version - I pulled in to The Range car park near me(it's not pay and display or anything) at 9.34am last Sunday, as I planned on getting a couple of things when they opened - which I thought was 10am. After checking their opening times on my phone whilst waiting, I realised they didn't open until 10.30am, and left at 9.54am - a 20 minute stay. I didn't even get out of the car, I parked there with the intention of shopping from the store and nothing else.

How should I proceed here? I obviously don't want to pay them any money, as this really isn't fair in my opinion.

Cheers for any advice.
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 18, 12:42 PM
    • 18,373 Posts
    • 29,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:42 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:42 PM
    Deal with it as per the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which includes a ready made initial appeal for you to use (do not alter/add to it).

I suspect PE ANPR cameras are set to the opening times of The Range to allow extended parking (maybe an hour or two) but will 'ping' any out of hours entry and issue a PCN after a much shorter period. I expect the signs to say 'Customers only when store is open'. In which case you were a 'trespasser', not a customer - the good news from that is PE are not in any position to sue a trespasser, that route is only open to The Range (or the landowner if the car park is not owned by The Range). But more on that at a later stage, if necessary.

You must go back to The Range and get your own photos of the signage, with close ups of wording as well as the proximity of the space you actually parked in and its (non!) proximity to any sign. Take photos of PE signs and any other signs (by The Range?) about parking matters.

Let us see copies of the photos once you've got them. Don't go to take them when the store is closed!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 7th Jul 18, 12:45 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 12:45 PM
    Thank you. I'll get them today. I'd imagine the signs would've said I shouldn't be there, I didn't look as I expected to just grab a couple of things once they opened up.
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 7th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:41 PM
    Photos - this is the nearest one to where I pulled up last week. They are all around the car park though, all up at the same height.

Argh, caught by the link filter! Don't know if this will work...

From what I could gather when reading the newbies guide earlier, I ought to wait until around day 26 before submitting an online appeal?

Thanks again!
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 3,667 Posts
    • 4,826 Thanks
    waamo
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:44 PM
    That's correct. Send the template on day 26. Don't go messing with it.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 6:47 PM
    • 59,486 Posts
    • 72,653 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:47 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 6:47 PM
    Argh, caught by the link filter! Don't know if this will work...
    So do what everyone else here does to break the link...surely you read a load of threads first before posting and saw what newbies do to show us pics?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 7th Jul 18, 7:06 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:06 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:06 PM
    So do what everyone else here does to break the link...surely you read a load of threads first before posting and saw what newbies do to show us pics?
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

I did look over the first three pages in this forum but failed to spot any new members bypassing the filter. I tried using the old quote and code tricks from many years ago but failed to get them through.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 7:18 PM
    • 59,486 Posts
    • 72,653 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:18 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:18 PM
    Change http to hxxp
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 7th Jul 18, 7:28 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:28 PM
    • 7th Jul 18, 7:28 PM
    Ah, gotcha. No, that still seems to nab me unfortunately. Maybe this?

dropbox com/s/kebdj03y6bozqoz/DSC_0163_cropped.jpg
    dropbox com/s/g1mg3lw91kgqo4f/DSC_0166.JPG?dl=0
    dropbox com/s/opt1h77o7h7aug9/DSC_0163.JPG?dl=0

I need to clarify here - I didn't receive anything on the day(1/7/18), the first I heard of this was today(7/7/18) through the post. So I'm guessing I already have the NTK - do I still wait until day 26 to lodge an appeal to them?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 18, 8:10 PM
    • 18,373 Posts
    • 29,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    So I'm guessing I already have the NTK - do I still wait until day 26 to lodge an appeal to them?
    As it's a NtK through the post there is no need to wait until day 26 - that's only for windscreen tickets. Send in the appeal whenever you're ready, but don't miss PE's final 28-day deadline.

http://dropbox.com/s/kebdj03y6bozqoz/DSC_0163_cropped.jpg
    http://dropbox.com/s/g1mg3lw91kgqo4f/DSC_0166.JPG?dl=0
    http://dropbox.com/s/opt1h77o7h7aug9/DSC_0163.JPG?dl=0
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 7th Jul 18, 9:05 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    Thank you. Standard appeal response from the newbie FAQ, even though this was earlier hinted as an allegation of trespass rather than overstaying the stated parking time limit?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Jul 18, 9:14 PM
    • 59,486 Posts
    • 72,653 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The issue with the sign for them, is that it is forbidding, and creates no contract.

It says 'NO PARKING' outside of the opening hours which is not only unworkable (of course customers are going to rock up early and do as you did, stop and find out the opening hours and either wait, or leave). Otherwise no customer could even arrive 5 mins before opening time. Ludicrous term.

There is no parking licence offered to people before 10.30am on a Sunday, so no consideration, nothing of value on offer and the parking terms as drafted appear to relate to cars parking after 10.30am on a Sunday, not arriving and leaving outside of the offered contract.

So yes, this can be argued (very clearly, because they are not the brightest bunnies nor legally qualified) at POPLA stage. Not needed now.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 07-07-2018 at 10:07 PM.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 18, 9:34 PM
    • 18,373 Posts
    • 29,080 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    even though this was earlier correctly hinted as an allegation of trespass rather than overstaying the stated parking time limit?
    Fixed that for you, you seem to have missed out a word!
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 07-07-2018 at 9:38 PM.

• greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 8th Jul 18, 6:05 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    Thank you both. I'll get it done today and update accordingly.
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 8th Jul 18, 12:56 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    What should I enter for my reason to appeal? My choices are:

I was a customer on site
    I was a visitor / gues of the site
    I was working on site
    I paid for parking
    I entered an incorrect registration into the payment machine / terminal
    I was a patient
    I had difficulties with my vehicle on the day
    I had a valid permit
    I was not the driver of the vehicle
    Other

I'm inclined to go with "Other", but don't want to get it wrong! I've no idea if it makes any difference to anything?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Jul 18, 2:26 PM
    • 8,072 Posts
    • 7,934 Thanks
    KeithP
    "Other" is the correct option.

All the others use the word 'I', implying that it is the driver appealing.
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 8th Jul 18, 2:40 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    Need I include my photographs of the sign with the appeal?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Jul 18, 2:53 PM
    • 8,072 Posts
    • 7,934 Thanks
    KeithP
    I thought you were going to send the standard blue text template appeal?

Post #12 said:
    ...this can be argued (very clearly, because they are not the brightest bunnies nor legally qualified) at POPLA stage. Not needed now.
    Send the template appeal unchanged.
    • greenpenguin
    • By greenpenguin 8th Jul 18, 2:56 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenpenguin
    I am, but their appeals page required me to tick a box confirming the following:
    I confirm I have attached all supporting information available to me, and understand that I will be unable to provide any additional evidence at a later date, unless specifically requested by ParkingEye

Should I submit the sign photo, or leave it for now?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Jul 18, 3:00 PM
    • 8,072 Posts
    • 7,934 Thanks
    KeithP
    I am, but their appeals page required me to tick a box confirming the following:

Should I submit the sign photo, or leave it for now?
    Originally posted by greenpenguin
    That sentence refers to your appeal to PE. You only get one shot at that.

At the PoPLA appeal stage you can add photographs, and much more supporting argument, and that is nothing to do with the initial appeal to PE.

Again... send the template appeal unchanged.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,367Users online

Martin's Twitter