IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye parking charge notice

Options
Morning all,

Received in the post today relating to last Sunday. £100 charge amount, £60 if I pay it quickly.

Short version - I pulled in to The Range car park near me(it's not pay and display or anything) at 9.34am last Sunday, as I planned on getting a couple of things when they opened - which I thought was 10am. After checking their opening times on my phone whilst waiting, I realised they didn't open until 10.30am, and left at 9.54am - a 20 minute stay. I didn't even get out of the car, I parked there with the intention of shopping from the store and nothing else.

How should I proceed here? I obviously don't want to pay them any money, as this really isn't fair in my opinion.

Cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Deal with it as per the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which includes a ready made initial appeal for you to use (do not alter/add to it).

I suspect PE ANPR cameras are set to the opening times of The Range to allow extended parking (maybe an hour or two) but will 'ping' any out of hours entry and issue a PCN after a much shorter period. I expect the signs to say 'Customers only when store is open'. In which case you were a 'trespasser', not a customer - the good news from that is PE are not in any position to sue a trespasser, that route is only open to The Range (or the landowner if the car park is not owned by The Range). But more on that at a later stage, if necessary.

You must go back to The Range and get your own photos of the signage, with close ups of wording as well as the proximity of the space you actually parked in and its (non!) proximity to any sign. Take photos of PE signs and any other signs (by The Range?) about parking matters.

Let us see copies of the photos once you've got them. Don't go to take them when the store is closed! :D
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • greenpenguin_2
    Options
    Thank you. I'll get them today. I'd imagine the signs would've said I shouldn't be there, I didn't look as I expected to just grab a couple of things once they opened up.
  • greenpenguin_2
    Options
    Photos - this is the nearest one to where I pulled up last week. They are all around the car park though, all up at the same height.

Argh, caught by the link filter! Don't know if this will work...

From what I could gather when reading the newbies guide earlier, I ought to wait until around day 26 before submitting an online appeal?

Thanks again!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That's correct. Send the template on day 26. Don't go messing with it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Argh, caught by the link filter! Don't know if this will work...
    So do what everyone else here does to break the link...surely you read a load of threads first before posting and saw what newbies do to show us pics?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • greenpenguin_2
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    So do what everyone else here does to break the link...surely you read a load of threads first before posting and saw what newbies do to show us pics?

I did look over the first three pages in this forum but failed to spot any new members bypassing the filter. I tried using the old quote and code tricks from many years ago but failed to get them through.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,721 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Change http to hxxp
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • greenpenguin_2
    Options
    Ah, gotcha. No, that still seems to nab me unfortunately. Maybe this?

dropbox com/s/kebdj03y6bozqoz/DSC_0163_cropped.jpg
    dropbox com/s/g1mg3lw91kgqo4f/DSC_0166.JPG?dl=0
    dropbox com/s/opt1h77o7h7aug9/DSC_0163.JPG?dl=0

I need to clarify here - I didn't receive anything on the day(1/7/18), the first I heard of this was today(7/7/18) through the post. So I'm guessing I already have the NTK - do I still wait until day 26 to lodge an appeal to them?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So I'm guessing I already have the NTK - do I still wait until day 26 to lodge an appeal to them?

As it's a NtK through the post there is no need to wait until day 26 - that's only for windscreen tickets. Send in the appeal whenever you're ready, but don't miss PE's final 28-day deadline.

http://dropbox.com/s/kebdj03y6bozqoz/DSC_0163_cropped.jpg
    http://dropbox.com/s/g1mg3lw91kgqo4f/DSC_0166.JPG?dl=0
    http://dropbox.com/s/opt1h77o7h7aug9/DSC_0163.JPG?dl=0
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • greenpenguin_2
    Options
    Thank you. Standard appeal response from the newbie FAQ, even though this was earlier hinted as an allegation of trespass rather than overstaying the stated parking time limit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure