Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jodtaylorrr
    • By Jodtaylorrr 6th Jul 18, 11:20 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jodtaylorrr
    Bought some shoes and they cut my feet after 30 mins of wearing them
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:20 AM
    Bought some shoes and they cut my feet after 30 mins of wearing them 6th Jul 18 at 11:20 AM
    Hi all!

I bought some new shoes from Linzi & they fit me fine... after 30 mins of wearing them to a christening they cut my feet so bad I had to walk back to the car with no shoes on. I emailed Linzi and they have said they donít give refunds. I sent the shoe back for inspection and they said thereís nothing faulty with them and have returned them to store. These have now scared my feet... how can I claim my money back? They arenít just blistered they re cut (not sure how to upload an image on here)
Page 1
    • Ms Chocaholic
    • By Ms Chocaholic 6th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    • 9,720 Posts
    • 58,630 Thanks
    Ms Chocaholic
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:21 AM
    Surely you felt the pain before they actually cut into your skin.

All shoes whatever the make or the price cause my feet (heels) to blister, I've just got that type of feet
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
    • Jodtaylorrr
    • By Jodtaylorrr 6th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jodtaylorrr
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:23 AM
    Hey!

I did feel the pain they just felt like they were burning from rubbing which is why I took them off to see they had cut my feet.

And thatís a shame! It just annoyed me how they didnít really care? Was no sorry basically said Iím in the wrong
    • Jodtaylorrr
    • By Jodtaylorrr 6th Jul 18, 11:24 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jodtaylorrr
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:24 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:24 AM
    Also they arenít high heels they are flat shoes!
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 6th Jul 18, 11:27 AM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 1,286 Thanks
    tacpot12
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:27 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:27 AM
    How do you think they cut your feet?
    • Jodtaylorrr
    • By Jodtaylorrr 6th Jul 18, 11:31 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jodtaylorrr
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:31 AM
    I really donít know itís so strange. I think it was from rubbing - Iíll be honest I wasnít in agony which is why I was surprised that they had actually cut! But they did sting! When they were healing it was worse pain, I actually had to wear slippers instead of shoes! It was right across the top of my feet.
    • lindens
    • By lindens 6th Jul 18, 11:31 AM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 7,084 Thanks
    lindens
    TBH no-one has perfect average feet which is what manufacturers of shoes base their models of shoes on. Some brands fit me some dont. It's a painful trial and error process as to which ones are which.
    It's not just brands either, it's styles. Some styles do not suit my foot shape and some do.
    Chalk it down to experience
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
    • Jodtaylorrr
    • By Jodtaylorrr 6th Jul 18, 11:33 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jodtaylorrr
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:33 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:33 AM
    You think I should just leave it then? I think the thing that annoyed me was they wasnít even sorry didnít even care, I even showed the woman in the shop and she was like Ďwow theyíre badí

Guess Iíll just leave it then!
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 6th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    • 3,916 Posts
    • 10,583 Thanks
    LilElvis
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    • 6th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    On the positive side their shoes are very cheap so it's not as though you've lost a lot of money and you could probably get some of it back by selling them on eBay.
    • Jodtaylorrr
    • By Jodtaylorrr 6th Jul 18, 11:35 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jodtaylorrr
    Yeah I know luckily, tbh though itís not even the fact of how much they are - im more upset with their customer service on how they didnít care
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 6th Jul 18, 11:58 AM
    • 6,898 Posts
    • 15,028 Thanks
    marliepanda
    If they cut your feet then they cannot have fit you fine, the two don't go together.

At the end of the day other than a 'oooh that looks sore' 'hope they get better soon' it doesnt make any difference to your legal position and really, customer service people arent there to sympathise with your shoes not fitting well.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 6th Jul 18, 12:22 PM
    • 5,346 Posts
    • 5,242 Thanks
    DoaM
    Did you buy in store or online?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • lindens
    • By lindens 6th Jul 18, 3:23 PM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 7,084 Thanks
    lindens
    yeah i would sell them on ebay and try a different brand. it does suck their CS was bad though
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 6th Jul 18, 3:54 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 1,286 Thanks
    tacpot12
    Sometime the only way to find out about the customer service is become a customer...
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 7th Jul 18, 5:57 PM
    • 16,519 Posts
    • 12,652 Thanks
    hollydays
    Surely all or most new shoes need to be broken in before wearing to a formal event?
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 7th Jul 18, 7:07 PM
    • 39,188 Posts
    • 36,105 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    Most stores allow you to try at home for at least 14 days, and as I often find that shoes are OK in the store but not when worn for longer periods I do my best to use that 14 days!

I only wear the shoes indoors, but I soon know if they're really OK or not.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 2 hats, 2 balaclavas for seamen, 1 balaclava for myself, multiple poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: ready to decrease / decreasing on all parts of the mohair cardigan pattern!
    • Edi81
    • By Edi81 7th Jul 18, 10:21 PM
    • 557 Posts
    • 512 Thanks
    Edi81
    Linzi shoes have a sign up clearly stating no refunds and that your statutory right still apply.
    I don!!!8217;t believe the Sale of Goods Act will cover you.
    I get the same issue and it!!!8217;s just something you need to deal with.
    • roddydogs
    • By roddydogs 8th Jul 18, 7:23 AM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 2,573 Thanks
    roddydogs
    What shop allows you to use them for 14 days and will give a refund? They cant sell them if theyve been used outside, and walking round the house proves nothing!
    • batg
    • By batg 8th Jul 18, 7:33 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    batg
    Most stores allow you to try at home for at least 14 days, and as I often find that shoes are OK in the store but not when worn for longer periods I do my best to use that 14 days!

Originally posted by Savvy_Sue
    they let you wear a pair of shoes at home for 14 days? I've never heard of that.
    What can they do with the shoes someone has had 14 days free use out of, cos they can't exactly sell them on can they, as they are then used shoes, not new ones?
    • photome
    • By photome 8th Jul 18, 7:55 AM
    • 13,609 Posts
    • 9,107 Thanks
    photome

Originally posted by Savvy_Sue
    Could you post which stores have this policy.

I know Clarkís will exchange/ maybe refund if only worn at home briefly, not sure if they allow 14 days wear though
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,833Posts Today

8,568Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RickGreerUK: @MartinSLewis Someone looking so jazz up their headline. I hope they apologise! I?ve always appreciated MSE?s responsibl?

• The Times has an upsetting article today about travel insurer TIF. Yet a sidebar piece is also more than disinge? https://t.co/KgJaTkWFOg

• RT @kcb1: Looking forward to @MartinSLewis on the money show tonight at 8. It?s a shame it?s only 1 hour long

• Follow Martin