Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shubert13
    • By shubert13 5th Jul 18, 10:23 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    shubert13
    What are my rights
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:23 AM
    What are my rights 5th Jul 18 at 10:23 AM
    1 year ago over a dozen large trees were chopped down from the land at the back of my property by a real estate developer. This spring I have several roots sprouting trees in my garden. I have tried pulling them up and weedkiller to remove them but they keep growing back. Is this just a coincidence or is it as I believe due to the trees coming down. What rights do I have to ask the developer to pay to remove these as they are all over my garden?
Page 1
    • Grenage
    • By Grenage 5th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    • 1,556 Posts
    • 1,489 Thanks
    Grenage
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 10:55 AM
    Most likely the root system spawning shoots now that the main trunk is gone. As far as 'm aware, you really don't have any rights for something trivial like this.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 5th Jul 18, 11:04 AM
    • 33,069 Posts
    • 19,940 Thanks
    getmore4less
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:04 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:04 AM
    What sort of trees?

Could be seed rather than roots.
    • shubert13
    • By shubert13 5th Jul 18, 11:12 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shubert13
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:12 AM
    • 5th Jul 18, 11:12 AM
    What sort of trees?

Could be seed rather than roots.
    Originally posted by getmore4less
    Not sure of the actual type of tree but definitely coming from the roots as they too are visible
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 5th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    • 26,166 Posts
    • 94,966 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    • 5th Jul 18, 3:35 PM
    Perfectly normal. I have roots producing shoots all over the place, ranging from those maybe 4 metres from my elm hedge to others I cannot guess the exact origins of, but related to plum or cherry trees.

None of these trees has been cut or cut down in the last ten years. Some species are just more prone to do this than others.

While the builder's actions may have stimulated growth like this, I think you would struggle to prove a causal link, but even if you could, there would be no liability. Builders usually have excellent legal connections too!
    A garden is never so good as it will be next year....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,926Posts Today

8,313Users online

Martin's Twitter