Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • martinajane12
    • By martinajane12 12th Jun 18, 6:18 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    martinajane12
    Bitcoin Loophole, recommended?
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:18 PM
    Bitcoin Loophole, recommended? 12th Jun 18 at 6:18 PM
    I'm not sure this is in the right thread, so please move if you think not.

Hi, I saw this site below and I was wondering whether to invest in Bitcoin Loophole as a result - maybe naively? Doing a search on moneysavingexpert before-hand hasn't returned any results, besides on 'Bitcoin', as not recommended/a scam? However I was wondering thoughts on Bitcoin Loophole, invested in by a dragon from Dragons Den, whether that is different.

I wanted to point out that I didn't originally click on this site, the page was there because it came up after I was on another site and having closed that site, revealed it. I wonder if that's a 'bad' sign or simply that some genuine sites do that? Plus what a long URL!

So I was going to put the link below but I've not been allowed to do so as a new user (this was the point of me registering). Not good, how can I show you the site.?
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 12th Jun 18, 6:20 PM
    • 33,663 Posts
    • 39,775 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:20 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:20 PM
    It's a scam , probably using Deborah Needham pictures

Same as the scams using Alan sugars and Martin's pictures
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 12th Jun 18, 6:22 PM
    • 17,390 Posts
    • 43,837 Thanks
    elsien
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:22 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:22 PM
    You can put a broken link in, then someone can put it up for you.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • martinajane12
    • By martinajane12 12th Jun 18, 6:23 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martinajane12
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:23 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:23 PM
    Oh really! Wow I was so close to being sucked in after 2 minutes. Thank God for the thought process of "moneysavingexpert" lifesaver. Thanks Browntoa for letting me know! Yes it did have photos from the program and was written like a magazine article with quotes from the show etc. But it is real right, the company "Bitcoin Loophole" and being on the program?
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 12th Jun 18, 6:24 PM
    • 33,663 Posts
    • 39,775 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:24 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:24 PM
    Not true or real in the slightest
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • martinajane12
    • By martinajane12 12th Jun 18, 6:25 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martinajane12
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:25 PM
    Yes please what a good idea. Heres the link without the w w w

recent.trending-shares.online/crypt/dd/btc.html?voluumdata=deprecated&eda=deprecated&cep= DTgMtkyzNDivlvigq1R1zQq1kl_t3ehOEdFB8lwsU_a0kZnOzY KDKls6SiLcsGdNB6LD_bTkCoRAg5q51hMq5jIOrsn00zyzlhWq y721fNPqir4bS4_P3Wz8zET7Ocl9VaVXN46ExH96eT3LEeDANI pZy9dM3evIOHo_W0I79kJEbIPyG4mFjgzFdlMj2vRhw9mCx9H-nyjkn7ok6EJc6oCHJDSqKJTnowVyGyb8Pcy62AkeRjL9W-man7qp659zZ2tpX-KaJy-i4U836X-qqEr5sB-6T6i3vfDn8MFajzA3NpTYRZNzNbIhpDuT2gF9VJx1WAq8TWVRi sPXJpbW4rLQ2dmXLV7jCjrmhe55P6E&siteId=6155&domainI d=10114&channel=Health%20&%20Fitness&subchannel=Ot her&mediaid=76290&placementId=68122&placementName= United%20Kingdom_MobileTab_NoTech&s=
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 12th Jun 18, 6:25 PM
    • 33,663 Posts
    • 39,775 Thanks
    Browntoa
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/bitcoin-scam-website-using-dragons-12350545

Is ALL the information you need , "bitcoin loophole" comes up with a multitude of web site links with the same scam
    • martinajane12
    • By martinajane12 12th Jun 18, 6:26 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martinajane12
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:26 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:26 PM
    Can I report this site to any government organisation?!
    • ColdIron
    • By ColdIron 12th Jun 18, 6:33 PM
    • 4,721 Posts
    • 6,163 Thanks
    ColdIron
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:33 PM
    • 12th Jun 18, 6:33 PM
    So I was going to put the link below but I've not been allowed to do so as a new user (this was the point of me registering). Not good, how can I show you the site.?
    Originally posted by martinajane12
    It seems to me that the point of you registering 10 years go was to ask a question about a camera. Posting links is a privilege and not a right. The intention is to stop people posting scammy links like this one
    • martinajane12
    • By martinajane12 12th Jun 18, 6:44 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    martinajane12
    Yes ok ColdIron who is slightly cold. I may point out that when I went to register I forgot I was already registered as it said my email was already registered, and didn't remember posting before. So whilst you are correct, I also had in my mind initially I was signing up to post this.
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 12th Jun 18, 6:56 PM
    • 8,280 Posts
    • 15,130 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    Yes ok ColdIron who is slightly cold. I may point out that when I went to register I forgot I was already registered as it said my email was already registered, and didn't remember posting before. So whilst you are correct, I also had in my mind initially I was signing up to post this.
    Originally posted by martinajane12
    Right, and the community doesn't really want hundreds of scam artists and spammers signing up 'just to post a link' because then we get lots of spam and scams from those people rather than quality discussion.

The site doesn't want to make exceptions for people who claim they are one of the good guys, otherwise every spammer would say to please give them link privileges because they are a good guy and just want to post this one link and ask a question "about this great-sounding site I just found". The trouble with spam and scams is that any publicity is good publicity for them - even if the discussion is all about it being a scam, the site itself might get higher on Google search results just through being a popular thing to talk about.
    • jcaan
    • By jcaan 10th Aug 18, 2:03 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    jcaan
    Keep well away!
    Please see below

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/warning-fake-mirror-websites-promoted-12427136
    • TBC15
    • By TBC15 10th Aug 18, 4:37 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 300 Thanks
    TBC15
    Bitcoin loophole sounds like discount unicorn horns what could possibly go wrong?
    • Vet
    • By Vet 10th Aug 18, 6:44 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Vet
    very likely to be a scam - just ignore.
    • nrsql
    • By nrsql 11th Aug 18, 12:14 AM
    • 1,799 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    nrsql
    It's been doing the rounds. I think the UK dragons den scam version was quite late to be built.
    If it's the one I think it is and you've ever watched the program you would realise they would never do that sort of thing - and if they did you would have heard about it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

94Posts Today

2,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @GillsSarah: Interesting! I always used to buy big name products cos I thought they?d be stronger. @MartinSLewis has changed my mind on?

• RT @think_jessica: Think Jessica the Film 30 min doc/drama based on my mother?s true story. Narrated by @MartinSLewis is now live on https:?

• RT @kelsher123: @MartinSLewis First time switcher! And no, it wasn?t as challenging as I thought???? A British Gas customer so no brainier. Th?

• Follow Martin