Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alf56
    • By Alf56 17th May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Alf56
    Motorhome insurance ncb
    • 17th May 18, 3:35 PM
    Motorhome insurance ncb 17th May 18 at 3:35 PM
    Hi, I have a motorhome and have been claim free for three years. Each year I have used a different insurer as i have phoned around and found better deals.

My last insurer, AIB, insist that you are not able to get a no claims bonus for a motorhome.

So this year I have used the same broker who arranged my first years insurance and have accepted a quote from them. Now the problems begin as they will accept the letter from AIB confirming that I have been claims free with them, but they will not accept the letter from the RAC who also confirmed by letter that I was claim free, and presumably the broker can check with the insurer they put me with two years ago for the same. But no, they will not accept the letters as proof, it must be on the schedule, which of course it never is.

They have now charged me an additional 40.00 is this correct or are they pulling a scam ?
Page 1
    • jaybeetoo
    • By jaybeetoo 17th May 18, 6:43 PM
    • 586 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    jaybeetoo
    • 17th May 18, 6:43 PM
    • 17th May 18, 6:43 PM
    I!!!8217;ve earned NCD discount on my camper van. It appears on my annual renewal notice. My insurance is via Adrian Flux.
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 18th May 18, 7:45 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    • 18th May 18, 7:45 AM
    • 18th May 18, 7:45 AM
    I had a campervan for three years and earned NCB each year. So it may be a something unique to your insurance company?
    • Reardoa
    • By Reardoa 18th May 18, 9:32 AM
    • 90 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Reardoa
    • 18th May 18, 9:32 AM
    • 18th May 18, 9:32 AM
    I have heard of this. Id imagine its due to the small amount of mileage and it being in essence laid up over winter months. We earn it on ours so it must be unique to certain companies.
    • Alf56
    • By Alf56 22nd May 18, 10:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Alf56
    • 22nd May 18, 10:07 PM
    • 22nd May 18, 10:07 PM
    What I don't understand is why will the new insurer (done via Adrian Flux as it happens) not accept the proof of my being claims free for three years just because I have provided three separate letters rom three separate companies. The previous insurer, AIB, will not put this on their letter as they do not give No claims bonuses they will only confirm that I did not make a claim whilst with them ?

Seems to be a question of when is a NCB not a NCB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

921Posts Today

7,191Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin