Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Carmen_Jay
    • By Carmen_Jay 16th May 18, 10:32 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Carmen_Jay
    Hospital staff receives PCN from UKPC on to DRPL
    • 16th May 18, 10:32 PM
    Hospital staff receives PCN from UKPC on to DRPL 16th May 18 at 10:32 PM
    Thank you Coupon for allowing me to jump on a recent thread and for Keith telling me to divert my issues into a new thread.

So to re-preach my story / girl @ works for those who don't know:

I work at a Hospital and have done so for approx 4 years. I pay 30 quid a month for a hospital "permit" just like the other staff members do. They are stuck on our windows in all our cars.

We have a gravel-pit car park (one of 3) (the one I parked in at the time of receiving a fine from UKPC in Oct 2016) and a few random signs (built by UKPC) to state to be parked in a bay (impossible if it's gravel) + to not block road-ways (again impossible as there is not a road even laid out). So - cut a long story short, we all know who drove which car, we blocked each other in and sometimes, not in the neatest of ways but the signage was totally void. We had all read up on UKPC etc and knew they were crooks from day-dot. We had even caught one in the act & managed to scare him off from even placing one on a window. And to add P in p*ss take - HE PARKS HIS CAR IN OUR GRAVEL CAR PARK WITH NO SIGNS TO STATE WHO HE IS AND ALSO SOMETIMES IN A DOCTORS BAY... so we logically have photos of that on our phone too.

Anyway: our fines came through thick and fast in November 2016. It was like they wouldn't stop. I ended up getting 3, others got 1 and others got probably 1 per week for 6 weeks straight.

Me:
    Fine no. 1 = not displaying a valid permit (definitely was and always am)
    Fine no. 2 = not parked in a bay (definitely no bays as per above statement)
    Fine no. 3 = parking in a road way (same as per above)

Now when I got the 1st fine, I contacted them, provided some evidence re Fine no.1 to say I do have a permit & it got written off straight away and appealed fine no.2 and 3 and got my appeals rejected. I ignored the 14 day letter so quickly this pushed onwards to UKPC. In a nutshell, spoke to them ONCE (young scared and silly) and arranged a payment plan saying I was leaving the Hospital as I got made redundant - not true - all I could afford. They asked for breakdown in earnings. I scanned & pinged it across. I rang back three times & each time they claimed they hadn't received it. I gave up. They asked where I lived via phone and I tried my luck, told them on-site at the Hospital - they actually took my word for it. So when I did not commit to the "payment plan" to pay off 100£s worth of fines, they sent all these letters (approx 5) to my work address. They did not go out their way to do what you should do and obtain my address where the car is registered to (now I am told by Coupon this could've been the period when UKPC lost their license - I cannot really recall UKPC or DPRL being at the top of the letters and when. as they all look the same) either way I never could quite work it out. Somehow they stored my mobile number from the one time I called them with some abuse... then it went quiet by January 2017.

Not until today (May 2018) had I received (first time ever) call from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (I didn't answer) and a voicemail saying Carmen this is very urgent please call us blah blah blah. And still, until this day (I have moved house 3 times over 3 years but every time AND ON TIME I have changed my license and where my car is registered to) I have not had one letter to my home address nor have I even to this date, received a letter at work - from UKPC or DRPL since January 2017. Or even a missed call.

I will add at this point, one colleague got NINE tickets over 6 months. She got her invite through from Surrey County Court (Woking) today. But I feel you have to be thick to get 9. After the 3rd I just got over myself and parked an extra 5 minutes walk from my office in a "bay" like carpark for staff and just had to leave 20 minutes earlier to get a space at work...

A few questions here now in light of my situation but I think the ultimate question is:
    if they do not have my details (I thought it was UKPC that got banned from obtaining demographics of car owners not DPRL-that is who I am dealing with) i.e address, do I assume they won't write to me in light of the above and just keep ignoring their calls? I know my situation isn't as far down the line of others and I know I am to "sit-tight" until the premium letter from a local borough court comes in... if it comes in...
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 16th May 18, 11:08 PM
    • 19,293 Posts
    • 24,535 Thanks
    Redx
    • 16th May 18, 11:08 PM
    • 16th May 18, 11:08 PM
    if UKPC were not banned back when these INVOICES (not "FINES") were issued, then they can get DVLA details and can pass them onto DRPL for chasing up, which they often do

DRPL SHOULD BE COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IGNORED, THEY CAN DO NOTHING - see post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ for information on ignoring debt collectors and their letters

you wont receive any papers from a local borough court, that is DEFINITE , assuming you are in England or Wales

the 2 government offices that issue court claims for E & W are the bulk centre in Northampton AND the manual centre in Salford

the chances are it or they will come from Northampton CCBC (google it)

eventually it will be allocated to your local county court , from the CCBC

until UKPC or their solicitors send a formal LBC , or court papers via Northampton CCBC , you can and should sit tight

ideally you want these to be cancelled by the landowner, I assume that is the trust themselves ?
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Carmen_Jay
    • By Carmen_Jay 16th May 18, 11:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Carmen_Jay
    • 16th May 18, 11:12 PM
    • 16th May 18, 11:12 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Funnily enough the hospital does not own the land. It is leased. As are a lot national foundation trusts plots. Itís owned by a big boss company probably a Bank.
    • steve1500
    • By steve1500 17th May 18, 9:54 AM
    • 1,074 Posts
    • 719 Thanks
    steve1500
    • 17th May 18, 9:54 AM
    • 17th May 18, 9:54 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

Funnily enough the hospital does not own the land. It is leased. As are a lot national foundation trusts plots. It!!!8217;s owned by a big boss company probably a Bank.
    Originally posted by Carmen_Jay

Are you sure about that? Sounds like a PFI hospital, but they are usually built on NHS land

Which hospital.

Hit the Trust with a Freedom of Information request asking who owns the land.

You can do it by email & you don't have to give your real name, but you can't use Mickey Mouse
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,422Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PheebsVyse: We had to watch @MartinSLewis instead of bake off tonight and mum and dad have gone and saved £662 + £200 off tax this yea?

• Hi folks. We've just left st George's hall. Am shattered. Hope you enjoyed the show. Martin And thanks Oli for twe? https://t.co/vpHEa53rug

• And that's a wrap! This is MSE Oli signing off - the next tweet will be from Martin. #MartinLewis

• Follow Martin