IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine from parking eye - void parking ticket

Hi I need some advice on dealing with a parking fine from Parking Eye in Bath.

The reason of the fine is I did not make payment for parking, even I have a parking ticket.

I made the payment by machine and got a ticket with amount and ref number showing on that. The ticket was a void ticket actually but I did not realize that at that moment. I received a letter from Parking Eye which said I paid nothing and need pay the fine.

I insist the payment machine was not working well. Actually there was no any ticket or paper coming out from the machine initially even I tried a few times. At last I got a ticket by paying by card, but I did not realize it was a void one.

I made appeal to parking eye by explaining above, but not surprised it was rejected.

This case has been moved to Popla now.

I have sent my appeal letter through Popla, with the reason that the payment machine was not working properly. I also asked parking eye to check their CCTV to see I was with payment machine.

Parking eye replied last Thursday, with a 33 pages file. Parking eye just insists I did not make payment, the machine is working, and signs are clear with pictures.

I need give my comments back tonight and then Popla will make a decision.

Can some experts help me how to write the comments back please?

Many thanks

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why ignore the proven appeal/challenge points in the Newbies Sticky?

Basing any appeal on fact is a near-certain way to fail as PPCs and POPLA don't give a fig about what happened.

If you have to respond tonight, the fastest way to go about it is to read-up carefully and concentrate on putting a winning POPLA appeal together - the steps are all laid-ou for you. :)
  • icsys
    icsys Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 May 2018 at 2:37PM
    sheng99200 wrote: »

I made the payment by machine and got a ticket with amount and ref number showing on that. The ticket was a void ticket actually but I did not realize that at that moment. I received a letter from Parking Eye which said I paid nothing and need pay the fine.

I insist the payment machine was not working well. Actually there was no any ticket or paper coming out from the machine initially even I tried a few times. At last I got a ticket by paying by card, but I did not realize it was a void one.

Many thanks
    You say you eventually paid by card and got a ticket with an amount and ref number on it.

Was your card debited by any chance?

If not read this:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64350600&postcount=3
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Looks to me that the OP has already sent a PoPLA appeal in.

He/she has received a response from PoPLA asking for views on the Operator's evidence.

OP, you need to read their evidence and pick holes in it - as many holes as you can.
    You also need to ensure that they have rebutted all your evidence. If they have ignored any of your points, make that known too.

Note that you only have 2000 characters for your response.

Such a shame that you left it to the last day - you are rushing now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure