Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 16th May 18, 11:50 AM
    • 379Posts
    • 258Thanks
    Marvqn1
    Lloyds Bank - Deposit cheque via post
    • 16th May 18, 11:50 AM
    Lloyds Bank - Deposit cheque via post 16th May 18 at 11:50 AM
    With Lloyds bank, is it possible to deposit a cheque by sending it in the post? I've searched online, but I couldn't find anything that mentioned this.
Page 1
    • elljay
    • By elljay 16th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    elljay
    • 16th May 18, 12:30 PM
    • 16th May 18, 12:30 PM
    I pay in by post to all banks, it's never been a problem. Enclose a paying in slip with your cheque. If there isn't an address (often inside front cover of cheque book) to send it to I just send to my local branch. Works every time.

If you'd prefer to hand it to a real live person, most banks allow paying in via post offices. The POs keep special envelopes for that purpose but I do find they take a little longer than when you send payments yourself - and that's all the POs do anyway, but you do get a stamp on the paying in slip.

EJ
    • Marvqn1
    • By Marvqn1 16th May 18, 1:02 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    Marvqn1
    • 16th May 18, 1:02 PM
    • 16th May 18, 1:02 PM
    I pay in by post to all banks, it's never been a problem. Enclose a paying in slip with your cheque. If there isn't an address (often inside front cover of cheque book) to send it to I just send to my local branch. Works every time.

If you'd prefer to hand it to a real live person, most banks allow paying in via post offices. The POs keep special envelopes for that purpose but I do find they take a little longer than when you send payments yourself - and that's all the POs do anyway, but you do get a stamp on the paying in slip.

EJ
    Originally posted by elljay
    The paying in slip that is required to send with the cheque, is that from the cheque book?
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 16th May 18, 1:08 PM
    • 2,764 Posts
    • 1,819 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 16th May 18, 1:08 PM
    • 16th May 18, 1:08 PM
    If you haven't got one ask your bank for a book of paying in slips.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • elljay
    • By elljay 16th May 18, 1:09 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    elljay
    • 16th May 18, 1:09 PM
    • 16th May 18, 1:09 PM
    Yep, there's usually a few in the back of a cheque book or you may have a separate paying in book. They're all the same. Once I didn't have a spare paying in slip so just wrote a letter with details of the account I wanted the cheque paying in to and that was fine too.

I know some people feel insecure about doing this, not sure why, but I've never, ever had a problem with it and I do several a month.

EJ
    • JulieM
    • By JulieM 16th May 18, 2:53 PM
    • 626 Posts
    • 755 Thanks
    JulieM
    • 16th May 18, 2:53 PM
    • 16th May 18, 2:53 PM
    My branch of Lloyds is quite a distance away so if I have a cheque to pay in, I just pop the paying in envelope through the post box of the local branch.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,122Posts Today

7,318Users online

Martin's Twitter