IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I got a Uk car park management ticket

Hi there

I recieved a ticket from Uk car park management through the post. My car was parked on a double yellow line in a housing complex/ Tesco and they caught it on camera. I wasnt the driver at the time, it was my girlfriends nephew driving, I lent him my car to go to the shop. I want to send them the transfer of liability slip on the ticket. But the nephew is from South Africa and has now gone home. What do I do? Cheers.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    you read and follow the advice in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

if the driver is no longer in the UK , then you could consider naming the driver with a serviceable address in his home country , which means you will have complied with POFA2012 and as keeper means you wont be liable

they can try and chase the driver, but the driver is outside the jurisdiction of the UK courts , so impasse
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I want to send them the transfer of liability slip on the ticket. But the nephew is from South Africa and has now gone home.

Appeal this week as keeper, using the template you saw when you read the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread first...before you posted. You should add 'I was not the driver' clearly to the template.

Then when you get a rejection letter, quickly send UKCPM the name and South African address of the driver, using the transfer of liability slip. Take a photocopy of it, and a copy of the addressed envelope it's being sent in, then take it to the PO Counter and ask for a free 'certificate of posting' and keep that receipt, staple it to a copy of the transfer slip.

Then, appeal to the IAS saying you cannot be liable, there can be no prima facie case against you in law, because you have already transferred liability (and attach your proof, the transfer slip and PO certificate of posting). Under the Interpretations Act, the slip is deemed delivered well before court action and during the appeals window, and so UKCPM cannot hold the keeper liable.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I will do this. Thanks. Quick question, it says the fine was issued on the 3rd of May, it says I have 14 days from that date. But i got this pcn in the post on the 10th, a week later. I will be doing this online later, but last time it just said my details were not recognised.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Appeal this week as keeper, using the template you saw when you read the 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread first...before you posted. You should add 'I was not the driver' clearly to the template.

Then when you get a rejection letter, quickly send UKCPM the name and South African address of the driver, using the transfer of liability slip. Take a photocopy of it, and a copy of the addressed envelope it's being sent in, then take it to the PO Counter and ask for a free 'certificate of posting' and keep that receipt, staple it to a copy of the transfer slip.

Then, appeal to the IAS saying you cannot be liable, there can be no prima facie case against you in law, because you have already transferred liability (and attach your proof, the transfer slip and PO certificate of posting). Under the Interpretations Act, the slip is deemed delivered well before court action and during the appeals window, and so UKCPM cannot hold the keeper liable.

Would you mind clarifying which template to use?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Would you mind clarifying which template to use?

There's only one. It's in blue typeface and starts (cunningly) 'Dear Sir/Madam'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Itbsays in the template, that I will use Popla not the IAs, but I will be aending this letter on the IAS website. Does that matter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,613 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Change it then.

I did already tell you to add one line to it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure