Shower Hoses

Due to some recent changes in my property I now have a much greater flow of water to the bath mixer tap than before. However, I'm having trouble getting a decent and easily adjustable flow of water out of the shower head.

I've read that for high pressure water systems you should use a shower hose with a small bore, is this correct?

The flow I have consists of a mix of hot water from a combi boiler at mains pressure and gravity fed cold water from a rooftop tank.

Comments

• nofoollikeold
    nofoollikeold Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The bore of the shower hose will make no difference. The problem you are having is caused by the hot pressure overcoming the cold supply. If the shower is a thermostatic one, the thermostat will be oscillating between letting more hot through then shutting it off.

Its quite unusual to have (almost) mains pressure hot from a combi and a tank fed cold supply. Your best bet would be to get the cold supply changed to mains pressure. Sounds as if the combi was installed without converting all cold outlets to mains pressure.
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The shower is not thermostatic, it's a standard shower hose and head attached to the mixer tap.

The hot and cold mix works fine out of the tap but does seem awkward to control through the shower, and this is what I'm struggling to understand.

It's been slightly improved by a new hose and head, but I take your point that the cold should be changed to mains pressure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure