Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wilku
    • By Wilku 15th May 18, 1:37 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 8Thanks
    Wilku
    London life costs
    • 15th May 18, 1:37 PM
    London life costs 15th May 18 at 1:37 PM
    Hello everyone
    Lately I received offer for a new job in London for around 45k. Right now I am earning around 28k
    and I like around Manchester.
    My question is.... What are the costs of living in London... I have made preliminary calculations and it looks like costs are 160% more ... Any opinions ?

Thanks
Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 15th May 18, 2:05 PM
    • 8,440 Posts
    • 9,552 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 15th May 18, 2:05 PM
    • 15th May 18, 2:05 PM
    Obviously a lot depends on your lifestyle and what you spend your money on, but comparison sites like Numbeo would suggest that 45K in London should be about right to maintain the standard of living that 28K would buy in Manchester, i.e. typical costs are about 60% higher (not 160% higher!)....
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 15th May 18, 4:03 PM
    • 4,639 Posts
    • 1,486 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 15th May 18, 4:03 PM
    • 15th May 18, 4:03 PM
    The big thing will be the housing costs - I would calculate that they will double at very least.

Other things (e.g. bars) are probably on a par with an expensive bar in Manchester.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter