Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lioness123
    • By lioness123 14th May 18, 5:14 PM
    • 54Posts
    • 3Thanks
    lioness123
    tax credit run on and job ending
    • 14th May 18, 5:14 PM
    tax credit run on and job ending 14th May 18 at 5:14 PM
    Hi

If someone could help.
    We are claiming tax credits . We get child tax credit and disability elements for both of the children. My partner worked 24 hours until 07/05/2018. I claim Carers allowance. We seldom got the working tax credit due to income delclard lalast tax year.

I phoned the tax credit dept to inform them . They Saud we would get a 4week run on of working tax credit until 4th June. Then child tax credit only if our situation didn't change.
    My partner has also apply for carers allowance.
    Q1.DO we need to apply for tax credit again on the 4 th June or is it done automatically?
    We are going live to universal credits on 20th June in our area.
    I'm hoping not to apply for universal credit as we would be disadvantaged I've been advised.

If my partner finds a job after 20june will this trigger universal credit application.

Please advise.
Page 1
    • lioness123
    • By lioness123 14th May 18, 5:16 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    lioness123
    • 14th May 18, 5:16 PM
    • 14th May 18, 5:16 PM
    Has any one experience of applying for universal credit do you both have to go down to job centre and show all ur bank statements. What questions do u need to answer and are pavements fast turn around.
    • Darksparkle
    • By Darksparkle 14th May 18, 6:41 PM
    • 5,293 Posts
    • 3,461 Thanks
    Darksparkle
    • 14th May 18, 6:41 PM
    • 14th May 18, 6:41 PM
    You don't need to apply again, your claim for CTC will not stop.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

164Posts Today

1,153Users online

Martin's Twitter