Removing fluff from trousers

Options
I have cotton chinos which attracted a lot of fluff. I have used a lint brush but that is largely ineffective; I used an entire role to remove about 1/4 of the fluff. Stuck it in the washing machine and they had no affect.

Any tips?

Comments

• AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tape......
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have cotton chinos which attracted a lot of fluff. I have used a lint brush but that is largely ineffective; I used an entire role to remove about 1/4 of the fluff. Stuck it in the washing machine and they had no affect.

Any tips?
    Tape......
    Roll indicates that the lint brush was of the sticky-tape variety.

I'm wondering if a quick session in the tumble-dryer might help? Static might actuallly have aa useful function beyond science lessons.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ive got cats that shed like crazy and lint rollers get it off in no time for me, what kind of fluff are you attracting? !!!55357;!!!56834;

Have you tried cleaning the lint roller / ripping new sheets off it? Or a traditional clothes brush?
  • Nathaniel_Essex
    Options
    ashe wrote: »
    Ive got cats that shed like crazy and lint rollers get it off in no time for me, what kind of fluff are you attracting? !!!55357;!!!56834;

Have you tried cleaning the lint roller / ripping new sheets off it? Or a traditional clothes brush?
    Yes.

Main reason I have asked for alternative tips is because it's seemingly stuck to the trousers. Even went I use the tape roll, there are still many specs to a point when I wear them outside, they look terrible.

I thought they may be a trick to remove them through some kind of static trick like a previous user suggested.
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Try the slightly damp rubber gloves rubbing trick, make sure you wash them inside out, I have this with a pair of DH work trousers so I hand wash them alone and air dry as everything seems to stick to them if i stick them in the washer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure