Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 13th May 18, 1:50 PM
    • 3,555Posts
    • 5,497Thanks
    another casualty
    Why can't I listen to a Canadian station ,even on an app on Apple my tuner?
    • 13th May 18, 1:50 PM
    Why can't I listen to a Canadian station ,even on an app on Apple my tuner? 13th May 18 at 1:50 PM
    I doubt you could blame Brexit on this, but up until 2016 I used to listen to 100.3 fm the bear . Thiis station was amalgamated with a bunch of other stations under the umbrella of "I heart radio".
    I tried tune in / my tuner and even went on their website where you see everything... but no audio.
    Is there a device I could buy to descramble or something ?

Thanks
Page 1
    • that
    • By that 13th May 18, 3:15 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    that
    • 13th May 18, 3:15 PM
    • 13th May 18, 3:15 PM
    you could subscribe to a vpn that has an endpoint as canada, or use this free one and connect to canada if there is an open link http://www.vpngate.net/en/about_overview.aspx

The easiest and cheapest way, on a pc, install Epic Privacy Browser under proxy select Canada then paste this web page into the browser http://www.iheartradio.ca/100-3-the-bear/audio (press play)
    Last edited by that; 13-05-2018 at 3:47 PM.
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 13th May 18, 3:22 PM
    • 1,514 Posts
    • 737 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    • 13th May 18, 3:22 PM
    • 13th May 18, 3:22 PM
    Just tried it, you need to pretend to be located in Canada in order to listen. Yes I know it is crazy, but there are quite a few radio and TV stations that play this game.

The station plays fine when I set my VPN to Canada, but has no sound when set to the UK. I use CyberGhost (paid for version) but there are others too.
    • ballyblack
    • By ballyblack 13th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 3,653 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    ballyblack
    • 13th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 13th May 18, 3:23 PM
    I have NordVpn (paid for version).

Just tuned into that station......... no bother
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,145Posts Today

9,025Users online

Martin's Twitter