Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harrypell
    • By harrypell 12th May 18, 11:41 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    harrypell
    House Fraser - Sofa - Price tracker
    • 12th May 18, 11:41 AM
    House Fraser - Sofa - Price tracker 12th May 18 at 11:41 AM
    I'm looking at the following sofa which is in a slale at HOF houseoffrasermadetoordersofas.co.uk/L041736_DREAM-COLLECTION-SILVER_OAK-EFFECT.

Is there anywhere I can track this price change to see if it is a genuine discount. I am moving soon and need new sofas which look nice, but I am on a budget and looking for something with a bit of quality these seem to fit the bill. I just want to know if the discount is real or not as a 400 sofa off the shelf would probably not be as good quality as one which was 900 originaly
Page 1
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 12th May 18, 1:19 PM
    • 1,361 Posts
    • 963 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 12th May 18, 1:19 PM
    • 12th May 18, 1:19 PM
    If you're happy with the item and you think the price is fair then that's all that matters.

Discounts are rarely genuine in the truest sense. It will be genuine insofar as the item was previously sold at the advertised price, perhaps for a week or two, but that doesn't mean it was ever worth that much.
    • cranford
    • By cranford 12th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    cranford
    • 12th May 18, 4:13 PM
    • 12th May 18, 4:13 PM
    If HOF use the same tricks as the other furniture retailers then its a 400 sofa. I have followed DFS price changes in the past on their unbranded sofas, to get round the law they have sale prices for a few months and then full prices for a few more but they have plenty of similar sofas so there are always some at sale price.
    But it could be a real sale as the HOF has just made large losses is being taken over by a Chinese co and is planning to close a large no of its 59 stores. If it was me I would only buy from them with a credit card for protection.

The sofa in question is fibre filled so to get firm cushions you would need to upgrade to the foam ones at a cost of at least 50. They will also try and sell you fabric protection for another 100.
    The one good thing is that it comes with a 20yr frame guarantee but I cant see a delivery time as it wont be off the shelf or indeed how much they charge for delivery. So you could spend more than 399!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,389Posts Today

7,076Users online

Martin's Twitter