Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ferry
    • By ferry 10th May 18, 9:40 PM
    • 1,666Posts
    • 252Thanks
    ferry
    Law on releasing NCB evidence
    • 10th May 18, 9:40 PM
    Law on releasing NCB evidence 10th May 18 at 9:40 PM
    Slightly more complicated than usual..
    I ended my relationship with my car insurance provider early as they were charging an extortionate monthly premium . I am currently in an agreed repayment plan with them to clear the outstanding balance on the premiums - around 3 months (It actually still worked out cheaper for the same cover elsewhere to do this)
    I'm told they will not release my NCB evidence letter until the debt is cleared.
    I need this to start life with my new insurer. Can they legally hold onto the NCB evidence letter until the debt is paid or can I legally request this is sent to me in writing to pass on with the outstanding debt to them?

Thanks as usual
    F x
    Last edited by ferry; 10-05-2018 at 9:42 PM.
Page 1
    • Svein Forkbeard
    • By Svein Forkbeard 10th May 18, 10:33 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 1,091 Thanks
    Svein Forkbeard
    • 10th May 18, 10:33 PM
    • 10th May 18, 10:33 PM
    Pay off the balance and end your contract and you will get your NCB letter.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • chrisw
    • By chrisw 10th May 18, 11:21 PM
    • 1,761 Posts
    • 998 Thanks
    chrisw
    • 10th May 18, 11:21 PM
    • 10th May 18, 11:21 PM
    NCB has no legal standing, it is a voluntary marketing tool. It is up to the insurers whether or not they allow any NCB. Obviously if they didn't, they wouldn't get much business. Likewise, it would be unreasonable of them to withhold proof, but you couldn't legally force them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,129Posts Today

8,251Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin