YouView Box and series record confusion

Hello All,
I used to have the older YouView box but have just bought the newer version that makes the old one look like a giant. It's all a little faster and all was going well until...

I tried to do 'series record' (of Blue Peter on CBBC HD) and it's firstly recording every showing of this program (every repeat as well as the one I've asked it to record) and also it's not asking me if I'd like to record the HD channel version like it used to. In fact, it seems that even if I press record on the HD channel, it seems to be (according to the schedule) just recording the SD version of the channel.

Weirdly, if I just record individual programs on this same channel, it's fine and says it's recording the HD channel.

Anyone had this problem, and know how to resolve it?

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    OP, I've had a few similar gremlins with my youview box. Most seem to have been solved by doing a full shut down and restart. I had a series of Call the Midwife for our lass go awry. I think there must have been a channel update and it wouldn't work - she had to watch it on I-player.
    My box is 2 years old and it usually only records the series on the selected channel, but sometimes I get it switching between the HD and SD version - seems to be the C5 group, but sometimes it will split a series on the menu on E4 and E4+1. I had a series on record a few months ago and it recorded multiple versions of the same episode - I think that was E4 too. Do you have it on quick wake up all the time? If so, that could be your issue - make sure it goes to sleep properly during the night, and do a proper shut down and reboot regularly.
  • wallofbeans
    wallofbeans Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I have it on the slowest start up mode, make sure the software and channel list is always updated, and let it go into deep sleep mode every night.. But apparently all I needed to do was literally turn it off and on again at the switch on the back, and it does what I want.

So thanks for that!
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    I've found an issue with a freeview recording box that may be similar as I'm sure it is caused by the program identification codes transmitted to trigger recording. My wife gets it with soaps...

eg
    Watch HD series recorded Emmerdale and delete before it starts on ITV+1 and the ITV+1 version will be recorded. Delete that before the ITV2 repeat next day and you'll get it yet again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure