Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Tony
    • By MSE Tony 10th May 18, 5:06 PM
    • 71Posts
    • 20Thanks
    MSE Tony
    MSE News: Direct Line's new policy promises to protect your no-claims discount in certain scenarios
    • 10th May 18, 5:06 PM
    MSE News: Direct Line's new policy promises to protect your no-claims discount in certain scenarios 10th May 18 at 5:06 PM
    Direct Line is promising to protect its customers' no-claims discount if their car is damaged by something that wasn't their fault such as a pothole - but don't assume you won't pay more in the long run..

Read the full story:
    'Direct Line's new policy promises to protect your no-claims discount from potholes and other no-fault damage'

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Last edited by MSE Tony; 10-05-2018 at 5:08 PM.
Page 1
    • robin58
    • By robin58 10th May 18, 6:03 PM
    • 2,660 Posts
    • 3,157 Thanks
    robin58
    • 10th May 18, 6:03 PM
    • 10th May 18, 6:03 PM
    So does that mean DirectLine will now sue councils to cover thier losses?
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 10th May 18, 7:03 PM
    • 2,537 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 10th May 18, 7:03 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:03 PM
    So does that mean DirectLine will now sue councils to cover thier losses?
    Originally posted by robin58
    Who knows, but if it encourages the councils to actually repair the roads then I'm all for it!
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 10th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 629 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 10th May 18, 7:59 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:59 PM
    They still won't cover tyres, and depending on the excess will it be worthwhile to make a claim just for an alloy?

A headline grabber from DLG but not a big exposure or a generous cover.
    • boatman
    • By boatman 14th May 18, 1:44 PM
    • 4,067 Posts
    • 2,875 Thanks
    boatman
    • 14th May 18, 1:44 PM
    • 14th May 18, 1:44 PM
    Perhaps they could also stop putting up premiums for accidents that were not your fault!!
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 15th May 18, 10:06 PM
    • 2,537 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 15th May 18, 10:06 PM
    • 15th May 18, 10:06 PM
    Perhaps they could also stop putting up premiums for accidents that were not your fault!!
    Originally posted by boatman
    All insurers do that, so it isn't a fair criticism of Direct Line specifically.

You are considered, rightly or not, to be a greater risk if you have a previous claim, irrespective of fault.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,619Posts Today

8,403Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin