Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zara545
    • By Zara545 9th May 18, 5:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Zara545
    Peacocks online shopping
    • 9th May 18, 5:20 PM
    Peacocks online shopping 9th May 18 at 5:20 PM
    Hi all. I am new to this so apologies beforehand if i am posting incorrectly.

Back in March i placed an online order at peacocks to be delivered to my local store. I only recieved a confirmation email. After a week or two i decided to contact custoner services after the chosen store had told me my order had not yet been delivered. Customer service i could only access through email as the phone lines would cut off. They told me order was despatched. Again a few weeks later the store had not recieved it. Customer services then said my order was lost and i will be refunded within 5-7working days
    This time too has also passed without no refund.
    I have emailed them about this but not yet recieved a reply.

Any advice on how to take this forward and what my rights are? Apologies for the long post.

Zara x
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 9th May 18, 8:49 PM
    • 31,662 Posts
    • 19,970 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 9th May 18, 8:49 PM
    • 9th May 18, 8:49 PM
    Hi all. I am new to this so apologies beforehand if i am posting incorrectly.

Back in March i placed an online order at peacocks to be delivered to my local store. I only recieved a confirmation email. After a week or two i decided to contact custoner services after the chosen store had told me my order had not yet been delivered. Customer service i could only access through email as the phone lines would cut off. They told me order was despatched. Again a few weeks later the store had not recieved it. Customer services then said my order was lost and i will be refunded within 5-7working days
    This time too has also passed without no refund.
    I have emailed them about this but not yet recieved a reply.

Any advice on how to take this forward and what my rights are? Apologies for the long post.

Zara x
    Originally posted by Zara545
    Depends if you still want the items ?

If it were me I'd go elsewhere.

So the money has been taken from your account, write to them requesting a refund, another option is to speak to your bank but they may want you to write to Peacocks first.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 09-05-2018 at 8:53 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Zara545
    • By Zara545 9th May 18, 8:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Zara545
    • 9th May 18, 8:59 PM
    • 9th May 18, 8:59 PM
    I already told them i dont want the items and they told me they were processing the refund..however still not have recieved it.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 9th May 18, 9:18 PM
    • 31,662 Posts
    • 19,970 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 9th May 18, 9:18 PM
    • 9th May 18, 9:18 PM
    I already told them i dont want the items and they told me they were processing the refund..however still not have recieved it.
    Originally posted by Zara545
    Speak to the bank, possibly late now but try tomorrow. Tell the bank you ordered x items, money was take and no items as not turmed up.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 11th May 18, 2:44 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 4,043 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • 11th May 18, 2:44 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:44 PM
    You should never buy peacocks online anyway. Their tail feathers fall out in the post.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

46Posts Today

3,293Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin