Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cannugec5
    • By cannugec5 9th May 18, 4:18 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 4Thanks
    cannugec5
    Jawbone UP - Refund promised but never received.
    • 9th May 18, 4:18 PM
    Jawbone UP - Refund promised but never received. 9th May 18 at 4:18 PM
    Two Jawbone UP fitness bands purchased online, directly from Jawbone, in February 2016, for myself and my husband. They cost about 200 for the 2.

In November 2016 I noted both had split & I notified Jawbone by email and was promised replacement bands. I received no replacement and found they were not responding to my attempts to contact them.

July 2017 they made email contact again and asked me to resubmit my claim. In August 2017, they said as the bands were now out of stock, they would issue a refund.

In December 2017 I again enquired about my refund and was advised it would be 2-3 weeks and maybe sooner! I am still waiting. I have emailed them again but am back to getting no response.

I still have the original invoice and the emails where they promised a refund. What can I do to actually make them pay me back?
Page 1
    • marcarm
    • By marcarm 9th May 18, 4:32 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 906 Thanks
    marcarm
    • 9th May 18, 4:32 PM
    • 9th May 18, 4:32 PM
    How did you pay?
    • cannugec5
    • By cannugec5 10th May 18, 9:29 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    cannugec5
    • 10th May 18, 9:29 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:29 AM
    How did you pay?
    Originally posted by marcarm
    I spent yesterday afternoon trying to find the answer to that question. Now I have I am not sure if it will help me.

It was purchased using an American Express charge card. I was a second card holder on my husbands account which he has since closed. I can't find the account number or card number.

EDIT; I have just located the account number. Does this help me?
    Last edited by cannugec5; 10-05-2018 at 9:37 AM. Reason: additional info.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 10th May 18, 9:51 AM
    • 11,315 Posts
    • 7,422 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 10th May 18, 9:51 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:51 AM
    have you advised them that the original form of payment is no longer active? By default refund would be made to the original form of payment [if they have refunded then the funds could be sitting unclaimed] When did you send the broken bands back?
    • cannugec5
    • By cannugec5 10th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    cannugec5
    • 10th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:32 AM
    No, all along they have said they would be sending a cheque. They have never claimed to have sent the money - just that they are about to.

I still have the faulty bands. They said they did not need to have them returned (I understand a lot of people had the same problem). They are inactive and unusable. I still have the email where they said I did not need to return them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,760Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bbcthehour: "Mental health and debt is a marriage made in hell" @MartinSLewis told the Senedd when people are more vulnerable they're m?

• RT @justindeaville: @MartinSLewis I looked it up when we last went. It's ball speed. And it's about O.3 seconds to cross the court. @Martin?

• Amazing how empty the #Wimbledon court is for the mixed doubles even though there's a Brit playing. The bars outside are rammed though

• Follow Martin