Jawbone UP - Refund promised but never received.

Two Jawbone UP fitness bands purchased online, directly from Jawbone, in February 2016, for myself and my husband. They cost about £200 for the 2.

In November 2016 I noted both had split & I notified Jawbone by email and was promised replacement bands. I received no replacement and found they were not responding to my attempts to contact them.

July 2017 they made email contact again and asked me to resubmit my claim. In August 2017, they said as the bands were now out of stock, they would issue a refund.

In December 2017 I again enquired about my refund and was advised it would be 2-3 weeks and maybe sooner! I am still waiting. I have emailed them again but am back to getting no response.

I still have the original invoice and the emails where they promised a refund. What can I do to actually make them pay me back?

Comments

• marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    How did you pay?
  • cannugec5
    cannugec5 Posts: 431 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 May 2018 at 9:37AM
    marcarm wrote: »
    How did you pay?

I spent yesterday afternoon trying to find the answer to that question. Now I have I am not sure if it will help me.

It was purchased using an American Express charge card. I was a second card holder on my husbands account which he has since closed. I can't find the account number or card number.

EDIT; I have just located the account number. Does this help me?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    have you advised them that the original form of payment is no longer active? By default refund would be made to the original form of payment [if they have refunded then the funds could be sitting unclaimed] When did you send the broken bands back?
  • cannugec5
    cannugec5 Posts: 431 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No, all along they have said they would be sending a cheque. They have never claimed to have sent the money - just that they are about to.

I still have the faulty bands. They said they did not need to have them returned (I understand a lot of people had the same problem). They are inactive and unusable. I still have the email where they said I did not need to return them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure