Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wilykit
    • By wilykit 9th May 18, 2:10 PM
    • 1,096Posts
    • 1,307Thanks
    wilykit
    Doggy tea & play party
    • 9th May 18, 2:10 PM
    Doggy tea & play party 9th May 18 at 2:10 PM
    Hey everyone,

I am hosting my 2nd Doggy Tea & Play Party and I am looking for help and inspiration!

I have written to several business to politely request any raffle prizes etc but I am wondering what worked for you when hosting a charity event?

I will also link the event - I hope anyone local can come!

https://www.facebook.com/events/611185285896249/

The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs.
Page 1
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 10th May 18, 11:22 AM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 3,324 Thanks
    shortcrust
    • 10th May 18, 11:22 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:22 AM
    I misread this as 'dodgy tea and play party'.
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 10th May 18, 11:52 AM
    • 5,908 Posts
    • 8,173 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 10th May 18, 11:52 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:52 AM
    A good cause - I thought this was some private shindig and assumed you where hoping businesses would give you stuff to raffle and you keep the money. Having a good cause like the 'ull animal welfare trust will encourage people to donate. Mention it!

Older people - Tend to collect a lot of ..... stuff. Things like candle burners, smellies, cosmetics etc. When we have a raffle the majority of the stuff is from older people with the 'main prizes' being from businesses. They also tend to have alcohol that youve never heard of too.

Dont be afraid to spend some money - B&M and shops are good for filling a stall and going for a prize every time option. Could be a good option for childrens prizes (bubbles, crayons etc). But obviously be budget aware.

Think outside the box - Last raffle we had someone we knew who owned a static kindly offered a weekend stay in it. A few nail treatments. A sweet hamper (even DIY). Puppy/doggy hamper.

Approach clubs/societies. Dog walkers, kennels, pet shops will have your target clientelle. Theyll be more inclined to donate and more inclined to buy
    Don't be angry!
    • wilykit
    • By wilykit 10th May 18, 1:56 PM
    • 1,096 Posts
    • 1,307 Thanks
    wilykit
    • 10th May 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10th May 18, 1:56 PM
    Thank you!

I craft as a hobby and make lots of things so will donate my own things. I have also started to purchase items to put together a Dog Hamper too

The dog trainer I use has offered to donate some 1-1 training sessions too which is good!

The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 10th May 18, 9:15 PM
    • 4,607 Posts
    • 39,154 Thanks
    Katiehound
    • 10th May 18, 9:15 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:15 PM
    Always say how you are going to publicly thank businesses that support you- a bit of advertising never goes amiss.

Try to get something such as an article in the local paper

Ask local pet shops & dog groomers not only for donations (maybe a free or cut price groom?) but to advertise.
    Contact all the training clubs in the area.

I made a load of treat bags for the last 2 Christmases and 2 businesses donated sample bags of dog food. (One sold Arden Grange & Burns)
    Local CSJ supplier was very generous- it's not sold through shops so look at their website.- big sample bags.
    Or ask for a sack of dog food and bag it up in 1kg bags
    Dog groomers donated 10kg box dog biscuits and bagged into 500g bags

I make very basic crunchy biscuits for my dogs. They would probably sell well. Oats, flour, tinned sardines, garlic, oil egg.
    or liver cake
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..6416cc+3045mm (3.04.5) + RK 8.03
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

333Posts Today

1,972Users online

Martin's Twitter