Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
NeilCr
NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 8 May 2018 at 4:41PM in Benefits & tax credits
The DWP have a Mandatory Reconsideration form for use, if you would like to do so.

The information and link is here

https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration/how-to-ask-for-mandatory-reconsideration

Even if you don't use the form the questions asked and the guidance notes may help you with your application. My understanding is that DWP are encouraging people to phone in for a MR when, I believe, they will be asked the same questions as on the form

This is all fairly new to me - others might have more experience and knowledge.

Comments

• tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    NeilCr, thank you for sharing this.
  • NeilCr
    Options
    Thanks

I should add that if anyone has doubts or are worried about doing an MR please do seek help from an advice agency/support group/etc.

This is, as I say, quite new so I don't have much sense as how it will work in practice.
  • M'aiq_the_Liar
    M'aiq_the_Liar Posts: 766 Forumite
    Options
    The DWP are obliged to accept a Mandatory Reconsideration request over the phone. They'll try to fob claimants off by stating it has to be in writing, and it's a good idea to back up the request in writing in triplicate ( or more).
  • NeilCr
    Options
    The DWP are obliged to accept a Mandatory Reconsideration request over the phone. They'll try to fob claimants off by stating it has to be in writing, and it's a good idea to back up the request in writing in triplicate ( or more).

They are.

It's my understanding, though, that they are going to be changing their methods to encouraging claimants to make their MRs over the phone.

Time will tell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport