Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 8th May 18, 1:45 PM
    • 2,451Posts
    • 3,461Thanks
    NeilCr
    Mandatory Reconsideration
    • 8th May 18, 1:45 PM
    Mandatory Reconsideration 8th May 18 at 1:45 PM
    The DWP have a Mandatory Reconsideration form for use, if you would like to do so.

The information and link is here

https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration/how-to-ask-for-mandatory-reconsideration

Even if you don't use the form the questions asked and the guidance notes may help you with your application. My understanding is that DWP are encouraging people to phone in for a MR when, I believe, they will be asked the same questions as on the form

This is all fairly new to me - others might have more experience and knowledge.
    Last edited by NeilCr; 08-05-2018 at 4:41 PM.
Page 1
    • tazwhoever
    • By tazwhoever 8th May 18, 4:35 PM
    • 1,041 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    tazwhoever
    • 8th May 18, 4:35 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:35 PM
    NeilCr, thank you for sharing this.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 8th May 18, 4:42 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 3,461 Thanks
    NeilCr
    • 8th May 18, 4:42 PM
    • 8th May 18, 4:42 PM
    Thanks

I should add that if anyone has doubts or are worried about doing an MR please do seek help from an advice agency/support group/etc.

This is, as I say, quite new so I don't have much sense as how it will work in practice.
    • M'aiq the Liar
    • By M'aiq the Liar 9th May 18, 7:07 PM
    • 649 Posts
    • 1,754 Thanks
    M'aiq the Liar
    • 9th May 18, 7:07 PM
    • 9th May 18, 7:07 PM
    The DWP are obliged to accept a Mandatory Reconsideration request over the phone. They'll try to fob claimants off by stating it has to be in writing, and it's a good idea to back up the request in writing in triplicate ( or more).
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 9th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 2,451 Posts
    • 3,461 Thanks
    NeilCr
    • 9th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 9th May 18, 7:19 PM
    The DWP are obliged to accept a Mandatory Reconsideration request over the phone. They'll try to fob claimants off by stating it has to be in writing, and it's a good idea to back up the request in writing in triplicate ( or more).
    Originally posted by M'aiq the Liar
    They are.

It's my understanding, though, that they are going to be changing their methods to encouraging claimants to make their MRs over the phone.

Time will tell
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

645Posts Today

5,510Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: On Brexit, which is more important to you right now certainty or outcome. Ie would you prefe? https://t.co/En38QfRh3o

• Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Follow Martin